1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Alldaychemist.com - Warning

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by end, May 18, 2014.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Take some deep breaths. It is possible that the rest of your order could be coming in a second packet still, you may see it in a day or two so maybe just keep waiting to see.

It does sound like your parcel really got the run around.. so I 'd probably be concerned too seeing its been opened so much.

Ive had a Australia post postal issues in the past week (not from there).. a neighbour showed up very early the other morning with one of my parcels. It had the right address on it but the postman delivered it to the wrong number. Thank God that neighbour was honest and brought the parcel to me. I spoke to the postman the next day about the wrong house delivery but he said there are others too who do the deliveries.
    end and heapsreal like this.
  2. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Are the antibiotics or antifungals plant derived in any way?

Australia has a lot of rules and regulations about importing both plant materials and foodstuffs.
    I would imagine bacteria and fungi would come under this too, and the meds might be derived from those sources.

It's perfectly sensible - it's to protect Australia's incredibly precious biodiversity.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Tania has a good point, large orders they will split and send seperately??
  4. end

end Senior Member

@heapsreal

@taniaaust1

When large orders are broken up into separate parcels; EACH parcel has a unique tracking number that like last order, you are emailed when shipped each tracking number

The current order was smallish and had lots of room left in the box

@peggy-sue

Current Import restrictions applicable to Australia http://www.health.gov.au/internet/m...es-compliance-prohibited-impexp-precursor.htm

You will note there that there IS a general prohibition on the importation of Antibiotics, however Personal Importation of antibiotic substances for PERSONAL use attract SPECIAL conditions ie it is allowed

Further just to complicate things; current Australian legislation does NOT list specific antibiotic compounds relating to said prohibition

Peggy-sue I considered your thoughts and logically had to dismiss that process as if it were the case; Why didn't they remove ALL of the said antifungal and ALL of that specific antibiotic?

*Also why would Customs place(like I mentioned previously)a 'No Items Have Been Removed By Customs And Border Protection' in the parcel?
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    peggy-sue likes this.
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I will be interested to hear how things end up.
  6. end

end Senior Member

I received an email only today informing me that they have replaced the missing items and reshipped the order

They said "we don't know what happened with this one, we have checked with the packing department and confirmed the whole order was shipped initially"

Who do you believe?

Due to ADC's track record ~

I am guessing that 'unofficially' some Australian Customs f***** had a hankering for Rifampicin and some Itraconazol just for kicks. Top job fella :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    ukxmrv and heapsreal like this.

See more popular forum discussions.