• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

All IN The Mind!!!

digital dog

Bloody hell!
In the mail online today there is an article about ME being all in the mind and that people just need to push themselves to get better.
Im so sick of this crap.
Bloody ignorant doctor.

digital dog

Could someone who is a more elegant writer than myself PLEASE write a comment in the mail. And then could we all green arrow it?

This ignorance and arrogance has to stop. They are missing up CFS with ME. Yuppie flu is obviously mentioned too.

alex3619

There are threads on this right now. It has to do with a new paper by the people who brought us the PACE trial. It might help if you could post a link to the article online. We know of one such article, but it might not be the same one.

Thinktank

The dailymail is blocked in the country where i'm currently residing, just because of that; low quality, trashy and sensational journalism.

digital dog

Considering that it is the most widely read newspaper in the UK it does matter.
I read the comments and generally everyone thinks we are lazy benefit scroungers.
How nice!

digital dog

I know Worldbackwards!
It's like a drug, I just can't seem to stop even though I know it causes me great harm.
I despair about the British Nation when I read the comments (and the paper).
I think I am a masochist.