• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

alkaline water - anybody got any experience of?

sianrecovery

Hi Guys
One of my docs suggested I might have renal tubular acidosis due to my medullary sponge kidney. I'll follow that up with the urologist, but in the meantime have been measuring my urinary ph, and I come up as 5.2, the lowest end of the paper, acidic, much of the time. Just out of curosity, I also measured my filtered and my tap water. They are also very acidic. I live in an area of very soft water.
I know there are complex arguments to be had about ph balance. I wondered if anyone had used an alkalising water system, and if so, what they noticed?

thanks for your responses

Sian

Dufresne

almost there...
Sian,
Here's a thread where we discussed ionized water.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/kangen-water.5567/#post-119652

My experimentation with ionized water is what really drove home the fact that I'm dealing with oxidative stress. Unfortunately the benefit I noticed in the first few days mostly wore off. Prolonged use at high alkalinity also led to muscle wasting. I had no problem returning the machine for a full refund.

You should be able to try one of these without having to make a purchase.

Hi Guys
One of my docs suggested I might have renal tubular acidosis due to my medullary sponge kidney. I'll follow that up with the urologist, but in the meantime have been measuring my urinary ph, and I come up as 5.2, the lowest end of the paper, acidic, much of the time. Just out of curosity, I also measured my filtered and my tap water. They are also very acidic. I live in an area of very soft water.
I know there are complex arguments to be had about ph balance. I wondered if anyone had used an alkalising water system, and if so, what they noticed?

thanks for your responses

Sian

You can buy capsules for very cheap in the drug store. Fill them with baking soda. Take several before bed time. It will help alkalinize you.

Sparrow

I drink water with a high mineral content. It's definitely shifted my body's pH more alkaline.

Like most things, I can't say that it's had a noticeable impact for me, but I feel better about it.

tyson oberle

I have been drinking Evamor ph 8.8 and Iceland ph 8.88 for at least 4 months now. Both waters supposedly have a natural high ph with nothing at all added. I haven't felt any different, but I have heard that other people (probably normal people with mild fatigue, pain, etc) have improved their health noticeably. We definitely aren't like normal people and I think our conditition probably requires something else more urgent than alkaline water.

Seven7

Seven
I use the alkalize drops. I only use it when I get that muscle pain like latic acid like pain. It does work and my pain goes away by next day. The only reason I use drops is because where I live I cannot find the water bottles already alkaline. It was prescibed my Connie (the excercise lady) at Dr Klimas' Office. I was suppose to do this daily but I use only when I need to, I guess because I am scared to take too much stuff.