• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alcohol with post viral fatigue / CFS/ glandular fever ?

I'm still recovering from PVFS / glandular fever / shingles whatever I've had. Two years on and I'm relatively normal considering how sick I was with a few remaining symptoms.

Whilst I've been ill even one small glass of wine would give me pins and needles all over my body, and make my cognitive issues worse so an even thicker cloud developed between me and the world and more anxiety. I'm now more or less ok with brain fog as now it feels more like fatigue which is manageable.

I'm having the temptation to have a small glass of wine but I'm scared it's going to bring on head symptoms ?

Does anyone have any similar experiences ?

Thanks for your help.

I'm still recovering from PVFS / glandular fever / shingles whatever I've had. Two years on and I'm relatively normal considering how sick I was with a few remaining symptoms.

Whilst I've been ill even one small glass of wine would give me pins and needles all over my body, and make my cognitive issues worse so an even thicker cloud developed between me and the world and more anxiety. I'm now more or less ok with brain fog as now it feels more like fatigue which is manageable.

I'm having the temptation to have a small glass of wine but I'm scared it's going to bring on head symptoms ?

Does anyone have any similar experiences ?

Thanks for your help.
What are your remaining symptoms and what treatments did you try?

I'm 8 months past mono and still struggling very hard. Nothing seems to work.

What are your remaining symptoms and what treatments did you try?

I'm 8 months past mono and still struggling very hard. Nothing seems to work.

My remaining symptoms are fatigue, sore throat and swollen glands, muscle twitches and a little anxiety still.

Don't give up because I went 18 months every single day with constant brain fog and other symptoms with absolutely no relief and then one day it lifted!!! I'd honestly given up hope of ever living a normal life and then things started to get better. Around Christmas time I had a seriously bad headache and when the headache subsided 90% of my brain fog had lifted. The body just needs time to repair.

I eat lots of fruit and vegetables and ditched all the stress in my life as well. I also avoided any exercise except walking.

Sorry to not be of much help ,I hope you start to feel better soon don't give up!!! Xx

My remaining symptoms are fatigue, sore throat and swollen glands, muscle twitches and a little anxiety still.

Don't give up because I went 18 months every single day with constant brain fog and other symptoms with absolutely no relief and then one day it lifted!!! I'd honestly given up hope of ever living a normal life and then things started to get better. Around Christmas time I had a seriously bad headache and when the headache subsided 90% of my brain fog had lifted. The body just needs time to repair.

I eat lots of fruit and vegetables and ditched all the stress in my life as well. I also avoided any exercise except walking.

Sorry to not be of much help ,I hope you start to feel better soon don't give up!!! Xx
Sadly, I put myself into extreme debt. I have to keep working and it's a major driver of my stress. I don't know what to do. I'm mentally distraught over this.