• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ALCAR and Anxiolytics?

Paralee

@Hip , thanks. Those are "atypical" antidepressants, and I thought they just lowered dopamine.

I've tried several, though. Most of them put me on the floor a couple of days and the ones that worked only lasted a couple or three days.

Prefect

Supplements such as ornithine, arginine or citrulline, in doses of around 5 grams, detoxify ammonia, and thus if your find such supplements reduce your anxiety levels,

But why do all this messing around with supplements, isn't there an easy way to get some lactulose? My ex wife works in a hospital maybe I can get her to steal some lol

Can lactulose be bought in some form over the counter?

Hip

The other thing to look at is yucca root, which absorbs ammonia in the intestines. I also have diarrhea predominant IBS, so I kept clear of lactulose.

Last edited: