1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Airplane travel

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Cindi, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Hi all

I have not travelled with airplane for many years. Now i will have about 1.5 hour trip. Is there anything i should be careful of?Thanks

2. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    Get somebody to wheel you to and from the plane. If you don't have a wheelchair, the airport can provide one if you arrange it ahead of time. Airports are usually really long walks.

3. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Thanks. I forgot to ask for that but i got a business class ticket hoping that i will be able to have more rest there.. I think they will provide a bus for transfers.Hope that will help. best wishes.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Yeah, walking around the airports and standing in lines is hell. The actual ride isn't as bad. If your OI isn't under control, I really strongly suggest a wheelchair unless you know the lines are short at the airport.

5. Zuriel

Zuriel

Australia
    What about those who intend to take a 25-hour flight? What are the preparations and the risks? Thanks.

6. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Thanks so much Laurel and Valentin. I arranged wheel chair upon your advise. best wishes.

See more popular forum discussions.