1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Agaricus Blazei Murill - Anti viral, immune modulating fungi

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Life, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Life

Life

Hi all,

Did a search on this fungus here, but came up empty. Have anyone tried these?

Here in my country Norway, there's just been a study using it successfully on patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease among other things.

Link: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aps/2011/157015/

Who knows, might benefit in the case of CFS/ME as well..?

Just ordered a batch, will let you know how it goes :D

Cheers!

PS! First post here btw, after long time lurking.

EDIT:

Wanted to post in alternative therapies section, but somehow ended up in general treatment. Whoops, don't know how to fix, mod pls help. Like I said, first time poster.. :ashamed:
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Very interesting Life - like all coming out of Oslo now - please let us know how it goes.
  3. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Thanks - sounds very promising - I ordered some as well :)
  4. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    I have tried it as part of Paul Stamets' 17 mushroom blend. To be precise, it's called Royal Sun Blazeii in his blend but is the same species that is in the studies according to him (http://www.fungi.com/blazei.html) I have had a good response to the mushrooms- more energy, clearer sinuses, etc. I don't know if it's improved my NK cell function but I definitely recommend trying one of the blends or Agaricus blazeii alone if anyone is debating whether to try medicinal mushrooms.

kday had a good post on Stamets, his lectures, and his mushroom extracts at this link.

See more popular forum discussions.