• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Again... typical diagnose

Last night i tried to go to another doctor.... He is nternist and Infectious Disease Consultant.
after I told him what I've experienced over the last few month (low grade fever, diarrhea several days, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, sore throat, rash on the hands and from day to day symptoms are gone replaced by a new complaint as joints pain, floaters in the eye, white tongue , acne like bumps that itch and there is pus in the middle (like folliculitis), tiredness and fatigue, sensation like if i'm flying and living in a dream, also mild headhace through aout the days and nights which some of them persist until now (fatigue, acne like bumps).
He told me that i hav hipochondriac and psychosomatic illness, and he wrote a recomendation note which send me to psychiatrist.... fyuh..

Guys... how do you convince your doctor that you have more serious problem than just hipochondriac or psychosomatic illness?
Here in Indonesia CFS / ME may be so rare that doctors missed it.

merylg

Floaters in the eye can be a symptom of Uveitis. See here:

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/uveitis/uveitis.asp

There is a list of conditions there in which Uveitis is seen.

Folliculitis (which you mention) and Uveitis are symptoms seen in Behcet's Syndrome (Behcet's Disease). Not many Drs know much about it. You may need to see a Professor of Immunology to get help with a diagnosis...

Sorry for the way you were treated, unfortunately it's all to common an experience.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Last night i tried to go to another doctor.... He is nternist and Infectious Disease Consultant.
after I told him what I've experienced over the last few month (low grade fever, diarrhea several days, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, sore throat, rash on the hands and from day to day symptoms are gone replaced by a new complaint as joints pain, floaters in the eye, white tongue , acne like bumps that itch and there is pus in the middle (like folliculitis), tiredness and fatigue, sensation like if i'm flying and living in a dream, also mild headhace through aout the days and nights which some of them persist until now (fatigue, acne like bumps).
He told me that i hav hipochondriac and psychosomatic illness, and he wrote a recomendation note which send me to psychiatrist.... fyuh..

Guys... how do you convince your doctor that you have more serious problem than just hipochondriac or psychosomatic illness?
Here in Indonesia CFS / ME may be so rare that doctors missed it.

It is more likely that as high a percentage of the population in Indonesia has ME/CFS as other countries but that it has not been recognized. In my experience going to doctors that other patients have recommended is a big step to getting a doctor to take you seriously.

But I can understand that there just may not be many (or any) doctors near you who have the necessary experience with an illness like this.

Is there any possibility of traveling to see a more experienced doctor?

Best wishes,
Sushi

(low grade fever, diarrhea several days, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, sore throat, rash on the hands and from day to day symptoms are gone replaced by a new complaint as joints pain, floaters in the eye, white tongue , acne like bumps that itch and there is pus in the middle (like folliculitis), tiredness and fatigue, sensation like if i'm flying and living in a dream, also mild headhace through aout the days and nights which some of them persist until now (fatigue, acne like bumps).
Sorry your doctor is such a giant stinking turd :alien:

A couple suggestions though: I get a hand rash too (but not anywhere else). For me it's caused by soaps with Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate (or any other Sodium [whatever] Sulfate). I can avoid the rash by either just washing the palms of my hands and getting none on the backs of my hands, or by using soaps without Sodium [whatever] Sulfate. Usually organic stores will have some soaps without the Sodium [whatever] Sulfates.

I get the bumps too. It's not zits, but usually a ton of clear yellow fluid and a little hard speck of something white. I also get patches of weird skin that eventually peels or flakes off and then grows normal skin once it's gone.

The headache (if it's constant) is likely from inflammation. Long-chain Omega 3 oils (fish oil capsules) can help reduce inflammation and also block pro-inflammatory oils (omega 6) from having as much of an effect. If I take 2-3 fish oil capsules per day, my headache goes away after 12-24 hours of starting on the fish oil, and stays away.

Floaters in the eye can be a symptom of Uveitis. See here:

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/uveitis/uveitis.asp

There is a list of conditions there in which Uveitis is seen.

Folliculitis (which you mention) and Uveitis are symptoms seen in Behcet's Syndrome (Behcet's Disease). Not many Drs know much about it. You may need to see a Professor of Immunology to get help with a diagnosis...

Sorry for the way you were treated, unfortunately it's all to common an experience.

thank you Merylg. I've serached a lot about retinitis and ureitis and the causes of both of them. I need to get a long list lab test and doctor visit to rule my condition. therefore, i need is to find a doctor who listen to me and have enough time to spare with me, i't quite hard to find in here, even I live in quite large town, a provincial capital in Indonesia.

It is more likely that as high a percentage of the population in Indonesia has ME/CFS as other countries but that it has not been recognized. In my experience going to doctors that other patients have recommended is a big step to getting a doctor to take you seriously.
Sushi

firstly i must find another person here in Indonesia that have the same problem like us.... hehehe...
until now ... not any of them that i can find Sushi... :(

But I can understand that there just may not be many (or any) doctors near you who have the necessary experience with an illness like this.

Is there any possibility of traveling to see a more experienced doctor?

Best wishes,
Sushi

Traveling to another town in indonesia sounds possible....
but going abroad... it's a far from reality in my financial ability... I'm just a student here, with little money... hehe

Sorry your doctor is such a giant stinking turd :alien:

A couple suggestions though: I get a hand rash too (but not anywhere else). For me it's caused by soaps with Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate (or any other Sodium [whatever] Sulfate). I can avoid the rash by either just washing the palms of my hands and getting none on the backs of my hands, or by using soaps without Sodium [whatever] Sulfate. Usually organic stores will have some soaps without the Sodium [whatever] Sulfates.

I get the bumps too. It's not zits, but usually a ton of clear yellow fluid and a little hard speck of something white. I also get patches of weird skin that eventually peels or flakes off and then grows normal skin once it's gone.

my rash,bump an itchines getting better after i use "dettol" in my bath water.
i suspect my rash and bump were caused by germ not chemical allergy Val.

The headache (if it's constant) is likely from inflammation. Long-chain Omega 3 oils (fish oil capsules) can help reduce inflammation and also block pro-inflammatory oils (omega 6) from having as much of an effect. If I take 2-3 fish oil capsules per day, my headache goes away after 12-24 hours of starting on the fish oil, and stays away.

hmmm... fish oil capsules? i'll consider that Val... thank you.

merylg

I'm finding Fish Oil reduces my general eye inflammation, at even only one capsule of 1000mg/day. Originally 3,000mg/day was recommended to me by my Optometrist, who said it might take one month to start helping Dry Eye. I found I could not handle so much oil in my diet. Easy enough to play around with the dose.