• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Afternoon crash on Rich's methylation protocol

Here is an update after 2 weeks...

I mostly eliminated the afternoon crash. I made a few changes -- adding various cofactors, adding FMN, and replacing PS (Phosphatidylserine) with Sunflower Lecithin. I also stopped eating sulfur-containing foods and green vegetables.

Here is my new supplement protocol. It's quite a bit more involved. Basically I split up the B12 and Folate into two doses (morning and lunch), and I added lots of vitamins:

Morning:
Methylfolate (100mcg)
Folinic Acid (100mcg)
HydroxyB12 (1000mcg)
FMN (9mg)

Breakfast:
Yasko's All In One (1x)
Omega 3 (1000mg)
Vitamin C (1000mg)
Soy Lecithin (1200mg)
Vitamin D (2000 IU)
Vitamin E Complex (400IU, 400mg)
Zinc (30mg)
Ashwagandha
Banana for Potassium

Lunch:
Yasko's All In One (1x)
Omega 3 (1000mg)
Vitamin C (1000mg)
Methylfolate (100mcg)
Folinic Acid (100mcg)
HydroxyB12 (1000mcg)
FMN (9mg)

Dinner:
300mg Potassium

Evening:
200mg Calcium
200mg Magnesium

I also eat 1 banana in the morning and take 300mg Potassium powder in the evening.

I started keeping a detailed spreadsheet tracking my food, symptoms, mood, and medications. This is absolutely critical for me in understanding cause and effect over time. I thought I could just write stuff down on paper and remember how I was feeling each day. Nope. My memory isn't that good.

student

- Potassium was mentioned.
- A Mix – of Folat and Methafolin (what quantity ??– acording – to her SNPs)
- B 2 – were a great release. I added them.
- Molybdaen (plus B 1) – was said to open trans-sulfur pathways. (Caledonia? Are you still taking that regularly?? / or discontinued??)
- ASa (Acetyl salicyl acid) 100mg for heart problems / I chose to ad 200mg (with similar SNPs). FIR sauna (tent version/ Low cost) – if possible. – Anticlotting effect (plus detox) with MThFRs
- Plus: Adress the specifique problem Focus - is it bowl (a) or, is it old tooth problem (b)… ??
Bowl – build up (with probiotics) and than eat well.. / (b) more of the tooth problem see below…

Potassium I do add regularly. Plus more Potassium with the symptoms. Also I started to ad ASS 200- 300mg. (Anticlotting with MThFR SNPs – the A.salycylacid. With adding I now have much much less potsassium symptoms). using FIR Sauna is a verry helpfull – anticlotting..

I suspect (1) No-ONOO‘s – M. Pall, as well as – perhabs some (2.) touth metall –source in the jaw (what I have). My SNPs are below. Adding Folat (400- 600) to Methafolin (200) helped. B2 I did need 2- 3x 50, Molybdän 25mg and B1 20-50mg were a help (see Caledonia – Ben Lynch); For me Ornithin was great help - prae crash (with ONOOs) – 2-4 kaps starting at noon. Also I start using several things to keep my head free - when symptoms are felt.

(A) Bowl health koncept- (starch, fibers, &probiotics) were of major help: starting probiotics slow – in 2.week of RS starch powder. 4 Bac – contain bifido micorbe (there is CFS research). – http://www.apo-rot.de/details/darmflora-plus-pulver/1623855.html?_nav=suche&_searchkeyword=wolz+pllus my german product. Plus - I applied stool (in capsules) from my own brouther: With more of this bowl health concept – all methylation can run much more calm.

If this is a focus- direkt detox: (B) I apply lokaly – 3-4 clorella tablet (large), sitting under my upper lip – for 4- 8 hours. (I would add ‚Koriander‘ (detox) Essence alcohol onto these chlorella tablets.); I look forward for an operativ intervention at my upperjaw. I had - 35 years waering tooth metall brige (contained Paladium, Gold/ next to amalgam tooth). The thinking – is to detox (direktly) – low amounts of this. Spit it out (and cleans well – with tissue). In order to not burden the stomach and bowl canal.

regards ;) student
Thank you, verry detailed discussion.