1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

after videos like these people still dout XMRV exists

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by roma, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    What you posted is sick, and it's extremely offensive, "satirical" or not. And you still haven't retracted or apologized for any of it.

Your analogy is completely flawed because, for the THIRD and final time, speculating about government involvement is NOT LIBELOUS. Do you understand that? You engaged in libel. I did not.

Anyone can "level any charges" against the government that they want. We are adults. We are not children. This is a discussion board, not a court of law. No one is "indicting" anyone, only stating OPINIONS. We can talk about what we want to talk about. If you can't handle it, then don't join the discussion. It's not for you to tell other people what they can and can't say just because you don't agree with their opinion. I don't care about your excuses about "sick people" and all the rest of your b.s. That is not my responsibility. My responsibility is to myself. If someone can't handle it, THEN DON'T READ IT.

Moderator: Accusing people of psychological problems is against the rules of this forum, therefore I have removed that section. As for constant accusations of libel, it is well beyond tiresome. Please stick to the issues at hand or further action will be taken
  2. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

Fair enough. The reason I haven't retracted or apologized is because I never actually intended to accuse any real, living human being of anything. Doing so would be absurd because I have no evidence to reasonably make such a charge, which is kind of the point I was making. I thought the irony would shine through. Clearly it hasn't.

The only thing we are both likely to agree on is that we have each in our own way hijacked this forum with our negativity. I view this place as positive- It is one of my main sources of information regarding CFS research and updates, and I value it. Now that we have had it out with each other- I say we both give everyone a break.
  3. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO

Moderator: You will stop now. What you said further up the thread was off the scale for offensive, regardless of the points you were trying to make. Please do not use such terms again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

See more popular forum discussions.