• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

after videos like these people still dout XMRV exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrez

What you posted is sick, and it's extremely offensive, "satirical" or not. And you still haven't retracted or apologized for any of it.

Your analogy is completely flawed because, for the THIRD and final time, speculating about government involvement is NOT LIBELOUS. Do you understand that? You engaged in libel. I did not.

Anyone can "level any charges" against the government that they want. We are adults. We are not children. This is a discussion board, not a court of law. No one is "indicting" anyone, only stating OPINIONS. We can talk about what we want to talk about. If you can't handle it, then don't join the discussion. It's not for you to tell other people what they can and can't say just because you don't agree with their opinion. I don't care about your excuses about "sick people" and all the rest of your b.s. That is not my responsibility. My responsibility is to myself. If someone can't handle it, THEN DON'T READ IT.

Moderator: Accusing people of psychological problems is against the rules of this forum, therefore I have removed that section. As for constant accusations of libel, it is well beyond tiresome. Please stick to the issues at hand or further action will be taken

Recovery Soon

What you posted is sick, and it's extremely offensive, "satirical" or not. And you still haven't retracted or apologized for any of it.

Your analogy is completely flawed because, for the THIRD and final time, speculating about government involvement is NOT LIBELOUS. Do you understand that? You engaged in libel. I did not.

Anyone can "level any charges" against the government that they want. We are adults. We are not children. This is a discussion board, not a court of law. No one is "indicting" anyone, only stating OPINIONS. We can talk about what we want to talk about. If you can't handle it, then don't join the discussion. It's not for you to tell other people what they can and can't say just because you don't agree with their opinion. I don't care about your excuses about "sick people" and all the rest of your b.s. That is not my responsibility. My responsibility is to myself. If someone can't handle it, THEN DON'T READ IT.

Your co-dependent insistence that I be responsible for someone else's reaction to my opinion is toxic. You are engaging in toxic co-dependent behavior. Any first year psychology student can recognize that. I am not responsible for someone else's reaction to what I write or say. People are responsible for their own reaction. So you need to stop putting that on me, because it's toxic. Your pattern of abuse and attacks against me and co-dependent insistence that I take some kind of responsibility for other people's emotional well being is unhealthy and toxic. I won't have that put on me because it's not my responsibility.

Fair enough. The reason I haven't retracted or apologized is because I never actually intended to accuse any real, living human being of anything. Doing so would be absurd because I have no evidence to reasonably make such a charge, which is kind of the point I was making. I thought the irony would shine through. Clearly it hasn't.

The only thing we are both likely to agree on is that we have each in our own way hijacked this forum with our negativity. I view this place as positive- It is one of my main sources of information regarding CFS research and updates, and I value it. Now that we have had it out with each other- I say we both give everyone a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.