1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

after videos like these people still dout XMRV exists

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by roma, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roma

roma

Chicago
    this evidence is so compelling and it has been there for at least two decades and people still refuse to believe XMRV exists or that causes problems, weird how they mention some people have aids like illness and aids like MRIs but yet they keep testing negative for HIV,mmmhhh gee it's a no brainer it does not take a genius to know there's something else out there, and by the way "clusters" means it's infectious and transmissible ......http://vimeo.com/13048135
  2. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Great video. Thanks for posting it.
  3. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    The government/military most likely created HIV, so it's very likely that they created XMRV, too. It's not a big leap to understand why they want to cover it up.
  4. JPV

JPV Senior Member

That would certianly explain why in the UK all government knowledge about the condition is being kept secret under the pretense of National Security.
  5. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I don't think it would be unusual at all for military allies to share information about infectious vectors like HIV/XMRV.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I can't tell who is joking in here either!
  7. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    What we need is a big WikiLeaks whistleblower type of release to bring the issue to the attention of the media in a way they can sensationalize for profit. That will ensure that they keep reporting on it. Otherwise it will just keep getting buried. No one who doesn't have CFS/XMRV is going to care about XMRV except as a passing interest or curiosity at best, just like no one cares about the - what is it now? close to a million? classified documents released in WikiLeaks. If it weren't for the WikiLeaks trope, it probably wouldn't be in the media even at a fraction of what it is now.
  8. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    "Patients will commonly feel better no matter what you give them." Steven Strauss

Or maybe they’re just that desperate to save themselves from the spiraling downward momentum of their health and life that they'll grab onto and believe in anything optimistically. (I would have liked to have told Mr. Strauss that.)
  9. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    Which patients are those? None that I've known with CFS, who on the contrary for the most part never seem to get better no matter what we take. "Commonly?" I don't think so. Very much uncommonly, in fact, even with the right agent. The research, furthermore, shows that people with CFS appear to be less susceptible to the placebo effect than even the 'normal' population.

More ignorant b.s. and propaganda from second rate thinkers, "scientists," and CDC accomplices and apologists.
  10. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    I'm quoting (from the video) the now late Steven Strauss from the NIH so we can't exactly ask him. This was back in 1996 when the government was still hopeful they could make ME go completely and totally away with their CFS program. Steven was a piece of work, but he’s in a special place now. While those of us who deal with this disease and other so called invisible syndromes are left to live our life in the world he left behind for us.
  11. JPV

JPV Senior Member

12. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
  13. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Not sarcastic in the least....

The Medical Research Councils secret files on ME/CFS
  14. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Oh really? What did I say that was anti-semitic? How is commenting on the security aparatus of a certian nation racist?
  15. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    Just gets a little tiresome with all the Israel bashing that goes on routinely these days. Just asking if you could be sensitive to that fact, thanks.
  16. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    Yes I was responding to his comment rhetorically. I had never heard of him before, but he didn't seem like that pleasant of a guy from the video.

I edited out the part where I said that the story was done a long time ago, so hopefully by now he's either changed his tune or is dead, b/c I thought it might be perceived as being too harsh of a comment. But apparently from what you said he's gone now anyway, so I guess I can happily say good riddance. :D
  17. 3CFIDS@ourhouse

3CFIDS@ourhouse still me

Southeast US
    No evidence?

I just saw the summary of Dr. Cheney's research on families of CFS patients- 60% with XMRV positives. But the CDC says "no evidence" of transmission? I thought it would be interesting to see what PR's sticky poll came up with for family members or close associates who've been diagnosed with CFS- if I added right (big if ;)) it was 57%. Very interesting!

In our family, there are three of us with CFS- one positive XMRV so far, others pending. Genetics? No! The three of us sick share no genes. Oh, maybe it's hysteria. :mask:
  18. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Moderator: To call someone anti-semite for being against particular policies of the Israeli government or security services is incredibly offensive. I hope there will be an apology forthcoming.
  19. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    I think anyone would agree that "stench of AIPAC" is kind of offensive. How about "Stench of WPI and the ME/CFS Lobby," if there were one? I bet you'd think that was offensive.
  20. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I'm all for a bit of Israel bashing (they deserve it) - but given how widespread degrees of anti-semitism still are, I'm not surprised Mr Kite was a bit worried by talk of 'the stench of AIPAC' - especially given the history of claims that the Jews are behind it all.

I don't think JPV is an anti-semite, and it would have been totally unfair to accuse him of being one based upon the posting of an article, but Mr.Kite only mentioned a 'tone'. Maybe it was a little blunt and unnecessary... but this whole thread has been pretty weird imo.

edit: typed too slow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

See more popular forum discussions.