• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

after high dose b12 injectable

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi,
Im after a source of high dose b12 injectable, preferable around 5000-10000mcg per ml. I know some cfs gurus have recommended this in the past and there was a source getting around. I would prefer somewhere in australia like a compound chemist but if theres a good place overseas is ok too. Most doses i have seen are 1000mcg per ml so after a stronger dose per ml, also hydroxy b12 not cynocobalamin.

cheers!!!

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi heaps, there's one not far from you in Aspley. Think Pharmacy: http://www.thinkpharmacy.com.au/contact/index.php
1311 Gympie Road Aspley QLD 4034
Telephone: (07) 3263 1957

You can get it on a script 10mg/ml, hydroxo version. I've been using them for a few years now. Costs $80 for 5ml, plus postage which is $13 to me. They send it in a foil bag and you store it in the fridge. They say it's only good for 28 days...but it still works fine for me for two months. It seems it takes that long for it to degrade enough so I notice it's not working as well.

Adster

I just got some methyl b12 shots from kingsway http://shop.kingswaycompounding.com.au/compounding/b12-injections.html?p=3 . It's not cheap but I was prepared to pay it to give it a go and they are very professional with their packaging and care of the b12 from light etc. Also it's preservative free. It comes in pre filled syringes. You need a prescription from a doc or nutritionist and you can specify the dose in the syringe.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Adster, wow! 25mg per .3ml, thats a strong dosage. or is it 25mg per ml but contain .3 of a ml which would be about 8mg.
Interesting, thanks for the link.

cheers!!!

Hip

Needleless Injection Systems

A while ago I was looking into needleless injection systems, which use a fine stream, high-speed jet to painlessly deliver the liquid subcutaneously.

Perfect for people that do not like needles. Plus they are infinitely safer than regular needle injections.

Normally, needleless injection systems are a bit on the expensive side, but I saw this low-cost SQ-PEN needleless injection system, which is now beginning to be used by diabetics. So much more convenient.

Unfortunately, I believe you need a prescription to buy it (unless someone knows a good overseas pharmacy that might supply it...)

I am unsure whether these needleless injection systems will work for B12 liquid vials - though I can't see why not.

I would love to hear from someone that has experience with these.

Adster

Heapsreal, it's 25mg/ml so yep 7.5mg. They are designed for sc injection and I had no hassles self injecting my first shot a couple of days ago. It's pretty painless as the needle is super fine and goes into the fatty part of yer butt. It's done that way to slow release over 3 days.

Hip, that needle less sq/sc looks interesting.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
This place has a lot of injectables, but it looks like they are all 1000mcg/ml, but they do have hydroxy and methyl. I used to have a script for compounded 3000mcg/ml hydroxycobalmin (Qty. 30ml) that was good for 6 months, but it lasted me for a year with a slight fade towards the end. The compounding pharmacist that I used didn't do methylcobalmin because it as so fragile and had very short shelf life. I wonder if they actually know

sela

august, do you trust the place you recommended? do you need perscription? and i wonder if it would be safer to get hydroxy as the shipping precautions are so touchy around methyl. any experience here?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I ordered the hyroxy from gerovital without prescription and it was delivered to the UK okay - very pricey though and not been using it recently anyway as been too ill:(

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi Adster, thanks for the link to Kingsway. (Another person also recommended them as they make up Hydroxo too.) They'll make up Hydroxo for me at the 10mg/ml that I prefer. And they're cheaper by $10...:)
Cheers!...:)

Freddd

august, do you trust the place you recommended? do you need perscription? and i wonder if it would be safer to get hydroxy as the shipping precautions are so touchy around methyl. any experience here?

Hi Sela,

My understanding is that it has good stability at room temperature in the absence of light.