Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

AfME gives platform for company peddling "Ancestor Healing"

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Dx Revision Watch, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Owner of Dx Revision Watch

UK
    According to its Twitter feed, at its AGM and conference, AfME has given a platform to this company to deliver "free treatments" to its delegates:

[​IMG]

http://www.qiwellness.org/

"Qi practitioners work with an eastern healing approach using a combination of acupressure and sound."

"Ancestor healing"

which according to the company, changes the impact that ancestor’s energy patterns have on individuals, negatively affecting their health and wellbeing.

Mmmm.

We are fighting in the UK for increased funding for quality research into effective treatments and cure for patients with ME, CFS.

We are fighting for care packages for patients. We are fighting for appropriate education accommodations for our children and young people with ME, who in some cases, are being hounded by social services.

Meanwhile, Action for M.E., the leading UK registered patient organisation, in terms of membership and incoming funding, is giving a platform at its conference and AGM for non evidenced based "treatments" peddled by companies offering

Ancestor healing

I am so appalled and pissed off, that I have nothing more to say on this, but I thought you should be aware.

Suzy

Valentijn, Countrygirl, Sean and 14 others like this.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I can't tell if this is a move in the right direction for them or not. They're so far from a reasonable response to patient's health problems that maybe they're best off going further into loopiness, in the hope of one day coming out on the other side.

BurnA, Countrygirl, Valentijn and 7 others like this.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    ok, so it all happened years ago but does nobody know how to use a search engine?

Sasha likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Or common sense, even.

BurnA, worldbackwards and Scarecrow like this.
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat

I don't suppose anyone has told AFME about the Qi Wellness's beliefs, or the charity commission investigation into the centre and donations? AFME has a tendency to think that All is Good.

8. snowathlete

snowathlete having a NICE day for once

UK
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    TiredSam, Firefly_, BurnA and 9 others like this.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    Yes, they're even more trusting than I am!

CantThink and worldbackwards like this.
  10. Dx Revision Watch

UK
  11. Dx Revision Watch

UK
    Is this the same company?

12. adreno

adreno PR activist

13. Dx Revision Watch

UK
    The company has included a link to that blog in the tweet that AfME has RTd on its own Twitter feed.

"In 2000, I made a big decision and dropped my university place to train to be a Qi Master."

CantThink likes this.
  14. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I thought it fit in nicely with the theme here.

James Coyne finds a real gem. From 2008, another crazy acronym: EUHEALS, as in yuz gonna heals today baby.

James C.Coyne ‏@CoyneoftheRealm Nov 11
    An unethical #MECFS randomized trial that should never have been done. http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/116609… What were investigators thinking?
    Effectiveness of Distant Healing for Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Randomised Controlled Partially Blinded Trial (EUHEALS)

Well, for a minute there, I thought they were on to something, and I think it's called the placebo effect.

Valentijn and worldbackwards like this.
  15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    QI Wellness isn't incorporated so no record at Companies House but it's possible to establish a trail from Ki Health via Emilie Weston to Inner City Monk and Qi Wellness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ve-health-centre-accused-of-brainwashing.html 6 September 2008
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03624078
    https://innercitymonk.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    We should be thankful that only the delegates were being treated

Sasha likes this.
  17. Countrygirl

Countrygirl ME is not MUS

UK
    I have wasted an hour staring at the screen as I drink my morning coffee in total disbelief!

But................then I realised....................this is the same outfit (along withAYME)..................that became involved with GET and its chief prophet Peter White.....................PACE and Ancestrial Healing.....................both out of the same stable demanding the same level of delusional beliefs in its proponents.............................says it all really.

18. Sean

Sean Senior Member

This is nothing more than El Primo

WOO

:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

SOC and Scarecrow like this.
  19. Dx Revision Watch

UK
    Many thanks for doing the research, Scarecrow. I'd found a Charity Commission entry, but that appeared inconclusive.

Scarecrow likes this.
  20. Dx Revision Watch

UK
    Yes, I remember that one.

Samueli Institute, European Office, School of Social Sciences, University of Northampton, Northampton
    Departments of General Practice Statistics, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
    CAM Outpatients Department, University Hospital Freiburg
    Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology, Freiburg
    Private Practice, Schönbrunn, Germany
    Department of Social Sciences and Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
    Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland

See more popular forum discussions.