Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Advices on how to increase transdermal absorption of nutrients ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by upgrading24, Nov 28, 2015.

1. upgrading24

upgrading24

Le Mans, France
    I'm trying to take chelators trough the skin because I think it may sometimes be more practical (choosing the time, effect is more noticable, ...). I've read a few studies about NAC being absorbed trough the skin. Now I'm looking to do it with green tea extract ( EGCG is an iron chelator).

Has anyone experimented with transdermal absorption ? I just started reading about transdermal delivery methods, so if anyone has some advices on how to proceed, some info on what worked for them, like if you have homemade hacks like for doing electrically assisted transdermal delivery (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16247247)

Thanks in advance !

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I started using footbaths in the context of detox, using bicarb. Then I added aminos and minerals. I got excellent results, absorption as effective as taking them orally.

I also am using DIY transdermal for B12 and B2. I crush a tablet, add a blob of body lotion on a cloth, and then strap onto my arm. I've found that I need less of these by taking them in this way.

3. upgrading24

upgrading24

Le Mans, France
    Thanks for sharing ! I've been doing it with minerals with success too, but didn't knew about B vitamins and aminos, I'm gonna have to try that.

See more popular forum discussions.