• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ADVICE? TREATING COMT V158M COMT H62H MAO-A R297R

I have recently received 23andme results. Its so overwhelming on where to begin! I have a long history of anxiety, stress and brainfog, although I have a high IQ. Does anyone out there have experience in this? What supplements are recommended? I picked out the main offenders... looking to treat the following mutations:

HOMO:
COMT V158M AA
COMT H62H TT
MAO-A R297R TT

Any help at all would be VERY greatly appreciated! THANKYOU
smile.gif

Also Hetero in both main MTHFR Snps if that helps. Trying to get my head around this methylation business. Can provide more results if need be. Desperate for guidance. Anyone know of any experts in this area in Australia? (Not just specifically MTHFR) Thanks again

ahmo

Anyone know of any experts in this area in Australia
Someone posted about a Dr on Gold Coast. You might have better luck starting a thread asking for Aussie MD.
I'm linking 3 threads w/ discussions re MAO, COMT. I'd been trying to get on top of MAO for a year, it's my sole homo SNP. I've now been using the FMN mentioned in these posts for almost 2 weeks. I've found it's made a big difference in my experience of oxidative stress, therefore overall level of well-being.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...lation-protocol-srmp.36344/page-2#post-586710

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/is-taking-bh4-a-problem-for-comt.36997/#post-588606

TheChosenOne

There is a very good talk by dr Yasko about COMT:
What I take is niacinamide (500 mg in the morning) and magnesium. I also take D3 for VDR Taq.
Lithium should also be inlcuded.

Kathevans

@ahmo Your first link above leads to an "Error" for me. (Might be my iPad) I'm thinking that might relate to COMT, which I'm interested in knowing more about, particularly its relationship to magnesium. I've increased my magnesium over the last year--both citrate and malate--and feel it has improved sleep and possibly other issues...

I've been following MAO discussions and have the FMN on order. Thanks!

Kathevans

Oh, this old thread! (Thank you, @Gondwanaland!). I'd drifted away from it after those high potassium bananas! I'm not a naturally scientific person--that was my Dad--so I really have to be concerned about something to put in the effort to understand it deeply. Of course, some of these bodily reactions have been taking me down that road lately. There's a lot of fascinating--and quite relevant to my SNPs--info in that thread... I'll be spending more time with it, I'm sure.