• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice on Transfer Factors and Immune modulators (boosters).

When my kids catch a cold/flu, I will get it 4-5 days later. Without exception. and I will be as sick as a dog, for exactly three weeks. Then enjoy 1-2 "good weeks" and then get sick again. Sure, it's all part of being a parent, but no other parent I know get as many infections as me.
Even though I tested negative for a couple of viruses and bugs (lyme, EBV and mycoplasma etc) when I got my ME/CFS diagnosis, I have strong reasons to believe that I do have chronic/hidden viruses that cause me problems.
I have been taking LDN for the past 4 months, (up to 3mg/day) and have some improvemnt in energy/stamina, I think, however, still very much prone to infections.Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Moshi,

You are describing the story of my life exactly.....:)

I have just the same worthless immune response and catch every living inlfuenza or cold virus on earth. I didnt used to be that way when i was 28 years old and healthy, would only catch one cold per year. Finally after getting a much deeper understanding of this chronic fatigue [ Chronic Infection Syndrome] disease i realised that the only way out is to turbocharge the immune system and keep it that way even when i feel 90%: You see, when we get infected with a cold or flu virus, it becomes party time for our EBV, HHV-6, and CMV viral indfections, which are now released from the " bottle" that the immune system forced them into......

1- Taking Epicor two capsules daily......feels good so far but too early to make a long trem judgement.
2- Take 2 tablespoons of Colustrom, works well and really helps my hair....but can only eat it mixed with Ice Cream...ha,ha. tastes great that way...:)
3- Purchased AHCC from immunepower, should work well as i took it five years ago and it gave good results. Problem with these is the high expense only 60 capsules for USD 35.000...and please dont waste time taking the prescribed 2 capsules daily,you will need 4 to 5 daily for CFS patients, with weekend off as a cycle.
4- .Purchased Inosine [ same as Immunivir} based upon excellent reviews,plan to add it to my supplements after two weeks.
5- Purchased Immunopro deneatured whey protein....have not tried it yet but it seems less powerfull than Colustrom, so dont expect much from it, but its worth a test.
6- I am now taking Bee Propolis due to its wel lknown antiviral and anticancer properties. Take 5 x 500 mg capsules daily with a meal. I like the results. Very low priced.
7- Not a powerfull anti-viral supplement but its helpful: Purchased aged Garlic Tablets 500 mg from Now Foods,these are great for energy and antiviral,but you need to take 6 daily minimum with the main meal, to get high energy effect.
8- Take herbal antiparasite capsules such as Parastroy.

My goal is not to control this disease but to cure it, nothing less. I am getting much closer thank god..

Good Luck in getting well.