• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice on suspected fibromyalgia plz and thank you

Firefly_

Hiya all I could use some input and advice please. For the last couple of months I have been suffering from pain all over that is different from the normal neuropathic pain I have. It's constant in my breasts (on HRT due to complete hysterectomy 8 yrs ago so not menstrual related) and often just hurt all over and anytime someone touches me firmly or I lean up against something it hurts. And forget about stubbing my toe or running into something, damn lol.

Anyways I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that I've developed fibromyalgia (as an aside I have been recently diagnosed with MCAS , couldn't be that could it?) and I'm going to see my PCP tomorrow for med refills and I'm going to discuss this with him, but he is not too knowledgeable about cfs and I'm betting fibro either so I'm wondering what the best treatments seem to be.

Thanks so much.