• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice on co factors to b12

Hello, I'm looking for advice getting my balance of vitamins right, I have some really great days, but I'm relying heavily on taking pills first thing in the morning to kick start my day, I take my b12 weekly by sub q, first thing in the morning I have electrolyte drink, I use seeking health, I have one 400mcg of metafolin, I then get a sort of road block, so I take a multivitamin, this then kick starts everything, I think that I'm deficient in something that is in the multivitamin, and I think I need more of than the multivitamin provides, I will put the ingredients of the vitamin tablet, if you could possibly have any idea what it is I would be really grateful,
image.jpg

Do you know if you have the genetic mutation MTHFR? Is your pee bright yellow after taking your vitamins? I ask because I cannot process cyanocobalamin, the synthetic form of B12. It turns my pee very unnatural yellow and makes me vomit. So I've been on the methylcobalamin for years. I also take methylfolate because of the mthfr.

But after years of taking these two b vitamins, sometimes in elephant sized doses, my energy levels were still pathetic. So I have eliminated from my diet synthetic folic acid. This has made the biggest improvement in my energy since I got sick. Except for the giant estrogen boost I experienced randomly last year.

Anyway, IDK if you have experimented with diet, but it helped me a bunch.

andyguitar

Hello. It could be almost any of the things in your multi that are having an effect. If it helps then why not just stick with it and not experiment with other things? As it can take a while for the things in the multi to have any effect I am going to stick my neck out and take a guess that it is the drink that is helping. Dehydration can have a very bad effect on health and you wont always feel thirsty.