1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Advert for virologist, Imperial College study

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Min, Jan 14, 2010.

1. flex

flex *****

London area
    Don't expect that he or his influence wont be beind any London study. He influences the whole of the UK policy even from his "retirement" from ME/CFS.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Mclure won the post for the second London study after "applying" to the advert.
  2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    to measure XMRV load in CFS and seek strategy for treatment

The above highlights are what stand out for me. It seems to me that they are assuming that XMRV has some relationship to chronic fatigue syndrome and that part of their study is to to measure XMRV load in chronic fatigue patient samples and to seek a therapeutic strategy for XMRV treatment. In no way, does this sound to me like how the Imperial College study was set up. It actually sounds kind of encouraging. Should I be encouraged?
  3. Yes! Be encouraged!
    I think this thread was kind of started in error, but without it, we wouldn't have had the 'Deny-me-Kwik' gem from Mark.
    Big thumbs up to all.

See more popular forum discussions.