1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adverse events and deterioration reported by participants in the PACE trial of therapies for CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Tom Kindlon, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    So it would seem that they deliberately excluded the category for which there was a statistically significant difference, and substituted it with a closely-related category (barely) lacking a statistically significant difference.

They do it with no explanation of that omission, no mention of such a switch, and then label it as if it were the same category in which there was a significant difference.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Switching things is their stock in trade, they do it for definitions of commonly used words a lot.
  3. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

One could say they are giving CBT to their study results. :D
  4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Naughty, bad, uncooperative, delusional, in denial, anti-psychiatry data. A course of CBT for you!
    Dolphin, peggy-sue and Valentijn like this.
  5. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

Did you have any nightmares later on? Things can get a little hairy and scary in the ...

Game of definitions.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Bob, Valentijn and Countrygirl like this.
  6. Griffin

Griffin

London, UK
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

When one patient in a study could be assigned a category of significantly disabled, abnormal function, normal and recovered, on the same data, you know there is a problem. The PACE publications contain the evidence that discredits them.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

So who is the one person who can see intelligently and clearly in this Game of Definitions? Where is our Tyrion? (A Game of Thrones reference.)

See more popular forum discussions.