1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adverse effects on probiotics

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by zzz0r, Jul 1, 2014.

1. zzz0r

zzz0r Senior Member

I have been trying this product lately http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-Dophilus-EPS-120-Capsules/7006#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=jarrow probiotics&rc=25&sr=null&ic=1

As you can see in the ingredients it also contains potato starch. Any way I am experiencing insomnia and bloating with just one capsule for these first days. I wonder is this typical for everyone? Could it be "die off" effect?

I am also talking at the same time this product in order to counter candida overgrowth and that gives me oily skin which I also assume it is "die off" effect.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-Dophilus-EPS-120-Capsules/7006#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=jarrow probiotics&rc=25&sr=null&ic=1
  2. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + South East Asia
    Do the symptoms you mention only appear with that specific probiotic formula? Have you tried other probiotics before?

Bloating, diarrhea, constipation etc. during the first weeks is quite normal as gut flora is shifting, it should lessen within 2-3 weeks.
  3. zzz0r

zzz0r Senior Member

No I have not tried any other probiotics so far. I have also see people writing about insomnia as well.

See more popular forum discussions.