• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

adrenal test uk

paul80

I wanted to do the Adrenal test profile from genova diagnostics (UK). But it says i need to put in the code for a practitioner. Has anyone been through this and knows if it costs money to get a practitioner or is there any where else i can get this test done?

Thinktank

I'm not from the UK but yes, genova diagnostics requires a doctor to order the test, you cannot do it yourself.
There are some other labs though you can order directly from, for example zrt labs.
The 24 hours - 4 point cortisol saliva + DHEA test costs around $150 or so.

paul80

I see Dr myhill charges £30 to do it through her but that would still be cheaper than through ZRT labs. Really annoying having to pay a doctor for nothing.

paul80

Yes but she adds £30 to every test. It says on ordering tests page:

How do I order tests?

The ordering process is as follows:

• Chose whether you wish to have a full interpretation of your test result by Dr Myhill OR you can simply receive the test result with no detailed interpretation (pathology fee of £27.50 only). In this event you simply need to fill in the administration box in the medical questionnaire. Dr Myhill will always look at every result and if there is urgent or significant pathology then she will advise accordingly.
And it turns out she only accepts tests for people who have used her before.

also, we don't need health insurance here.