Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adrenal Stress Index Test - Help!

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Paul M, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Paul M

Paul M

Boston, Massachusetts
    Hey guys,

I want to take this test tomorrow since I want to get the test results back as soon as possible. If you think I should just wait to ask my doctor on Monday just let me know. However, I figured enough of you have taken this test to answer the following questions:

1. It seems like I should hold off on my levothyroxine until the end of the day instead of taking it in the morning. Let me know if I am wrong.
    2. Can I have Ribose or the Energy Revitalization System during the day? What about Fish oil or extra vitamin D I take. It seems like these may affect the test, but not sure.

Thanks if you guys have asked the same questions before. Have a good night!

2. adreno

adreno Learned helplessness

Europe
    Fish oil (EPA) can suppress cortisol levels.

3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    if there is something u think interferes with the test, i cant see how holding off for one day would hurt unless its an immediately life saving drug that cant be stopped.
    What sort of treatments will u be looking into if adrenal fatigue is found?

4. Paul M

Paul M

Boston, Massachusetts
    thanks guys, I just withheld all the supplements and meds for a day. i think the tests went well. not sure what the treatment will be heaps, but ill keep you guys posted

5. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Paul M Was this the ACTH SIM test? What were the results if you dont mind sharing?

See more popular forum discussions.