1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adrenal Stress Index Test - Help!

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Paul M, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Paul M

Paul M

Boston, Massachusetts
    Hey guys,

I want to take this test tomorrow since I want to get the test results back as soon as possible. If you think I should just wait to ask my doctor on Monday just let me know. However, I figured enough of you have taken this test to answer the following questions:

1. It seems like I should hold off on my levothyroxine until the end of the day instead of taking it in the morning. Let me know if I am wrong.
    2. Can I have Ribose or the Energy Revitalization System during the day? What about Fish oil or extra vitamin D I take. It seems like these may affect the test, but not sure.

Thanks if you guys have asked the same questions before. Have a good night!
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Fish oil (EPA) can suppress cortisol levels.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    if there is something u think interferes with the test, i cant see how holding off for one day would hurt unless its an immediately life saving drug that cant be stopped.
    What sort of treatments will u be looking into if adrenal fatigue is found?
  4. Paul M

Paul M

Boston, Massachusetts
    thanks guys, I just withheld all the supplements and meds for a day. i think the tests went well. not sure what the treatment will be heaps, but ill keep you guys posted
  5. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Paul M Was this the ACTH SIM test? What were the results if you dont mind sharing?

See more popular forum discussions.