1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adrenal Glandular, Ashwaghanda, Butcher's Broom, Rhodiola, Horse Chestnut and POTS

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Mya Symons, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Plum - thanks for this. I've been wondering if I ought to find an alternative practioner for this. First things first, though - I'll see how my blood results are interpreted.

Interesting about the supplements. I don't think I have gut issues so maybe I'll be OK with that.

I was just looking at Dr Lam's site and he warns against adaptogens - I guess I should start with the more straightforward (diet) stuff.
    Plum likes this.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Ashwaganda/withania i find calming and i use it at night to help sleep. I think its a substance that helps calm down the fight/flight response and encourages recovery. I think this is how it helps treat fatigue issues, not directly stimulating but by improving the bodies ability to recover. I also find the supplement relora works the same way.

I think dr lam is cautious with many treatments as people can treat symptomatically and get some relief but continue to push themselves, also some stimulating adaptogens arent helpful when adrenal fatigue is at a certain level as its like whipping a dead horse. I think we can get trapped into uppers and downers with lots of crashes. I think with cfs/me we cant avoid some crashes anyway and sometimes we need something to jump start us. I suppose its a balance.
    Sparrowhawk and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.