• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal fatigue does not exist: a systematic review.

bspg

Plant Queen
My point being they don't seem to accept that there is a stage when the adrenals are well under functioning which will drastically affect your quality of life and it can go on for many years.

This is something I have never understood. Why is it that the adrenals have to be nearly non-functional to require treatment, yet the thyroid and other endocrine glands do not?

I'm not well versed in endocrinology but it makes more sense to me that endocrine glands have a range of output, rather than all or no function. And within that range, there are optimal levels that when reached, alleviate symptoms. Allopathic medicine recognizes this fact in other endocrine hypofunctions and treats them accordingly, so why not the adrenals?