Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adrenal cortex glandulars

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by soxfan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Since my endocrinologist will not give me low dose Cortef for the morning I have been looking into buying an adrenal glandular. I am having a terrible time with sleep and coping with stress etc.
    I was on Cortef years ago during Lyme treatment and I know it helped me a lot.

Has anyone taking any of these and if so do you have any recommendations. There are so many out there I have no clue which to choose. I have to try something and I am on my own so want to try and get a good one...I read taking an adrenal cortex glandular is best but I need some guidance here please....

2. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @soxfan - some 20 years ago my chiropractor who does muscle testing found that my adrenals were in need of support. I was very weak physically at the time. He gave me Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process and I have taken an adrenal glandular off and on ever since. I'm currently taking Drenamin by Standard Process. They're very similar, I'm not sure of the difference between the 2, I feel the same taking them.

I did try an adrenal cortex product once and reacted badly to it. I don't know why I do fine with plain glandulars and not the adrenal cortex extract, but that's the way I am.

I've also used Adrenogen by Metagenics and Cytozyme AD by Biotics which were also good. These generally are available through practitioners like my chiropractor but sometimes you can buy them on-line.

Muscle testing by a practitioner like my chiropractor has helped me a lot in determining what I need and how much to take so you might look into this. One place to find practitioners is the Standard Process website which has a search feature for health practitioners who use their products.

soxfan likes this.
  4. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

5. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    @Mary ...I haven’t quite got up the nerve to take the one I purchased. I read a lot on them and decided to try the adrenal cortex. I have very weird reactions to just about everything so am still leery. I have an acupuncture appointment next week so will show her first for an opinion.

I have never taken anything like this before. I did use Adrecore for a bit but it gave me a really strange feeling head fatigue so I quit.

Thanks for the info and I will let you know what I do....

I ordered the Thorne Adrenal Cortex...

Mary likes this.
  6. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Good luck! We're all different - you might do very well with this as some people do. Whatever you do, just start low and go slow. When I first took an adrenal glandular, my chiropractor had me taking a large dose initially because I was so weak, and it worked for me, but I'm not recommending that you do that. But if you start with a very small dose and notice nothing, good or bad, then I would increase gradually and see how you do, as you may need more.

soxfan likes this.
  7. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    @Mary ...I will start very low and see how it goes. If I don’t feel any difference I may have to go with straight adrenal. I am really doing this on my own since I have no doctors here that understand any of this.
    I think my Acupuncturist comes the closest but she can’t write prescriptions...

Plus the treatments haven’t done anything for me 10 so far and since my insurance won’t cover them I will probably only keep the two appointments I have already scheduled.
    Then I will really be on my own in this...

8. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Hi @soxfan - I know how you feel. I have been pretty much on my own too, except for a chiropractor who does muscle testing. You might consider looking into this. I've been helped a lot with my adrenals and liver and other digestive issues and miscellaneous stuff by muscle testing. I would have been lost without my chiro. You can just call offices and ask if they do muscle testing; another route is to go to the Standard Process website which has a search feature for practitioners who use their products, who invariably do muscle testing.

If my chiropractor had not had me take a high dose of Drenatrophin initially (determined by muscle testing), I think I would have written it off as useless, when it turned out to be enormously helpful, taken in the proper dose.

soxfan likes this.
  9. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

I know nothing about muscle testing... Are you saying the chiro was able to tell it was helping after giving you a look over or YOU could tell it was helping?

10. WoolPippi

WoolPippi Senior Member

Netherlands
    If I may answer, they put a vial in my hand and pushed my arm down. With some vials my arm would come down easily, with others not. I did not know what was in the vials.

Turns out stuff I needed strenghtened my arm muscles. It lead to recommandations for several minerals and Biotics Multi Gland.

I can now often detect which mineral supplement my body needs. Multi Gland always enhances me.

11. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    My Acupuncturist did the same thing to me with pieces of paper...she had a different issue written on each. I would put one in my hand and she would try to push down. The ones she could were supposedly my problems. Turns out those three were...Adrenals...Fatigue....gosh can’t remember the third . The two that were not an issue were Adrenaline and Lyme.

Weird...not sure what it really means.. I had no clue what she had written on the pieces of folded paper.

See more popular forum discussions.