May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adrenal cortex extract: nourishing or a stimulant?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by paul_k, Dec 30, 2015.

1. paul_k

paul_k

Hi

Just wondering can anyone tell me if taking adrenal cortex extract serves to nourish and balance the adrenals or does it make them work harder by stimulating them which ultimately can't be a good thing.

Feeling depleted and like my blood sugar is all over the place from sibo/candida treatment protocols and finding it very hard to get out of bed. I figured my adrenals could probably do with some support. I already take b5/pantethine a few times a week.

Thanks

2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I think it may help replace what you need, but maybe get the adrenal cortex as it doesn't contain epinephrine which may be over simulatory. I would also look into an active B formulation. Have you tried nystatin for candida yet?

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Adrenal glandular worked great for me for a couple years. I had used licorice for a year or so, eventually it became over-stimulating. I tried cortef, no good. Adrenal glandular appeared to be able to supplement me directly, without needing any extra processing. Happily, after a couple years things shifted and I no longer need it. This is the one I used.
    http://au.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-ADRENergize-Energy-50-Capsules/2121

4. paul_k

paul_k

Thanks @drob31 @ahmo
    The product i ordered is 50mg Bovine adrenal cortex extract from seeking health.
    @drob31 I have a prescription for nystatin but haven't taken it yet. I am finding the die off difficult enough to deal with already from the other products I am taking (microbinate, prescript assist & betaine HCL).
    Hopefully the adrenal cortex might help with the die off too...

5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I found coffee enemas fantastic for dealing w/ die-off. Not everyone's cup of tea.:mug: blog link in my signature.

6. paul_k

paul_k

@ahmo agree 100%. I'm a big believer and use them regularly along with saunas. I do feel however I need to be careful that I don't deplete myself too much by using these therapies. Probably more of an issue with the sauna than the CE. I make sure to keep the coffee low down so it does not interfere with electrolytes or the micro biome

7. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

@paul_k do you have any bloodwork that shows high candida levels?

I'm just curious because my Candida IgA is always elevated ref:1-9 mine: 20

8. paul_k

paul_k

@drob31 i don't have blood work showing candida but I have a CDSA showing it and my salivary secretory iga was >1000 where the top of normal range is about 470

See more popular forum discussions.