The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adjustable air beds

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by JalapenoLuv, Oct 3, 2014.

1. JalapenoLuv

JalapenoLuv

unknown
    As a palliative help, I've had a mid range Sleep Number bed for 10 years and love it. I would not go back to a conventional bed. The idea is that you can adjust the air pressure to fit your body. If you lose weight you'll want it firmer. If your muscles hurt or you are injured go softer. This is a huge help.

However, I do think that Comfortaire makes better quality air beds and recommend them over Sleep Number. They are a better value and are made better. My sleepnumber bed did have issues with a defective zipper and controller that were handled under warranty, however for a product this expensive they should have gone with a better zipper.

SickOfSickness likes this.
  2. JAM

JAM Jill

I've had a Sleep Number bed for 18 years and it is still working out great. We have changed out the foam and added a memory foam topper, but that is it. I keep expecting the pump or something to break, but so far so good. It is great to have two different firmnesses in the same bed.

I just went to the Comfortaire page and it says they are a Select Comfort company, that is the brand of our bed. I wonder if they sold out when the name changed to Sleep Number and if the quality diminished then. Interesting.

See more popular forum discussions.