• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adenosylcobalamin (dibencozide)

kerrilyn

I recently saw an article come through the Prohealth site that talks about B-12 deficiency specifically.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/sh...=EP021811&slvor=10595.1033118.0.1.0.14790&eid

It says that Adb12, besides being essential for energy metabolism, is required for the normal myelin sheath formation and nucleoprotein synthesis plus Adb12 deficiencies are associated with nerve and spinal cord degeneration.

I hadn't heard that before regarding Adb12, only with MethyB12, but it was interesting to me because I started taking Adb12 alone in the summer and found it to be very helpful. Not only did it help my energy levels but greatly reduced pain. I've had pain for about 20 yrs now, worsening after whiplash 10 yrs ago. While in my 20's I was dx with degenerative disc disease and my spine has always been a problem. There are also 2 cases of MS in my family, both having symptoms occur by 50 yrs old.

I've asked previously why the Adb12 helped me so much with pain, and Rich gave his opinion http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?188-B-12-The-Hidden-Story/page166 I'm just curious to hear what people think of this article and if it's feasible that the Adb12 helped because it's involved with 'healing' the myelin sheath/spinal cord as well.

The article also mentions that MethylB12 helps with circadian rhythm and FWIW since taking MethylB12 I have been able to sleep 8 hrs a night and at 'normal' bed/wake time for the first time in many many years. Unfortunately I've recently started to have a niacin type flush reaction to the methylB12, and reduced the dosage. I hope it's not a long-term problem.

LaurieL

Kerrilyn,

I had that flush reaction too. It went away after about three weeks, but I didn't reduce my dosage, I stayed at the same dosage. Only after it left, did I increase it again.

My flushes were like menopausal hot flashes, but they weren't. There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to them either. The flushes were always delayed anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours after methyl and ad b12 or the B right. I even had a few wake me up in the middle of the night.

It seems they all of the sudden disappeared, and I do not experience them anymore. And I am definately not menopausal.

Laurie

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Kerrilyn,

Will you please share where you bought the Adb12, what the brand name was and how much it cost. Please and Thankyou.

kerrilyn

LaurieL, that's good to know. I feel a little odd after taking the Adb12 and B-right, can't explain the feeling exactly but it's not overly bothersome. I didn't have any issues with the methylB12, but suddenly one day while it was still dissolving in my mouth, my skin flushed, burned and itched so intensely I was practically scratching my skin off. Luckily it doesn't last long. I went down from 1/2 tab to a 1/4 and the 1/4 seems ok. I think I may try taking 1/4 twice day and see if that changes anything. I hope it's just a passing glitch and I can increase again.

Mya, I buy Country Life Adb12 (3000 mcg) through iHerb online, at about 6-8.00 US I think.

Oh I should add, I take the methylb12, folapro and B-right at night an hour before bed because they make me sleepy. I take the Adb12 during the morning because it doesn't make me sleepy, actually I think it perks me up.

ukxmrv

I bought the ADB12 locally as I have problems with parcels at my home (I'm in the UK). So far no good benefits from it. I felt more heavy, tired and foggy but that could be coincedence as I feel like that quite a bit at different times of the month). I'm going to try it again when more stable.

It had previously tried the simple Yasko protocol with no good benefits. Previously tried other forms of B12 (injected and by mouth) with no good benefits. No flushing ever experienced.

http://www.nutricentre.com/p-31144-vitamin-b12-adenosylcobalamin-100ml.aspx

I am aware that Fred posted a lot on this topic and advised the use of only specific brands. Sadly I cannot get those brands without ordering abroad and massive problems with getting parcels at my address.

Folate supplementation has always been good for me. I have one of the MTHFR mutations (cannot find the paperwork today) but no other Yasko testing due to lack of money.

Sadly Methylb12 has never helped with my alter sleep rhythms (I sleep best after 7am and so do most of my family)

XMRV+

kerrilyn

I've not found AdB12 on it's own locally (Canada), it's bundled in small amounts with cyanB12 if available. I'm just starting to see MethylB12 in some select places and can't find HydroxyB12 anywhere around here.

Sadly Methylb12 has never helped with my alter sleep rhythms (I sleep best after 7am and so do most of my family)
XMRV+

That's exactly what I was like for as long as I can remember. I got my best sleep between 6-10 am and if I was forced to wake up before 10 am I was really sick(er) all day. I read about Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome and it sounded like what I was battling. I don't know what's helped exactly, but between taking MethylB12 and melatonin by 10 pm and sitting in front on my light therapy box in the morning for 45 mins I'm routinely tired and in bed by 11 pm (midnight at the latest on a weekend) and waking up at 8-9 am and not napping during the day, just resting when needed. It's bizarre to finally be on a regular sleep schedule.

ukxmrv

It's bizarre but must be really good Kerrilyn. Do you think that the Melatonin could be contributing at all? I found it useful for sleep rhythm for a while, then it failed to work.

kerrilyn

It's bizarre but must be really good Kerrilyn. Do you think that the Melatonin could be contributing at all? I found it useful for sleep rhythm for a while, then it failed to work.

I gotta say I like it. I've found that with Melatonin too in the past, kind of hit and miss. I think it's the combination of the Melatonin, maybe the B's before bed that make me sleepy and the light therapy in the morning. I don't think any one of them would have the same effect as all of them have seemed to have together. I'll be pretty disappointed when/if it all ends.

Freddd

I bought the ADB12 locally as I have problems with parcels at my home (I'm in the UK). So far no good benefits from it. I felt more heavy, tired and foggy but that could be coincedence as I feel like that quite a bit at different times of the month). I'm going to try it again when more stable.

It had previously tried the simple Yasko protocol with no good benefits. Previously tried other forms of B12 (injected and by mouth) with no good benefits. No flushing ever experienced.

http://www.nutricentre.com/p-31144-vitamin-b12-adenosylcobalamin-100ml.aspx

I am aware that Fred posted a lot on this topic and advised the use of only specific brands. Sadly I cannot get those brands without ordering abroad and massive problems with getting parcels at my address.

Folate supplementation has always been good for me. I have one of the MTHFR mutations (cannot find the paperwork today) but no other Yasko testing due to lack of money.

XMRV+

Hi UKXMRV,

The reason I suggest certain brands is that they may be 100x or more effective than some other brands. It could be well worth the trouble to arrange a parcel going to a friends address that gets better parcel delivery. This game of you bet your life is a high stakes game and it doesn't pay to gert anything but the most effective forms of these few vitamins for which it makes a huge difference.

As absorbtion of these cobaqlamines is proportional to time in contact of the mouth tissues, and I suggest 45-120 minutes for best absorption. A 3mg Country life could supply 750mcg to serum as compared to the 10 mcg from the drops if 1 drop contains 1000mcg. That can make a huge difference.