Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Adeno b12 and potassium

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cman89, Jun 18, 2015.

1. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Do I need to be using potassium when I take only Adenosylcobalamin/Dibencozide for the day? I have Source naturals brand that sure seems like it has very Methylcobalamin type results, rather than the subdued effects i'm used to from Adeno B12.

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I think the potassium is if you are taking methylfolate which can lower potassium.

3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Adeno B12 doesn't drive methylation directly, therefore it should not put extra burden on potassium usage.
    Of course if your body says otherwise, you probably need it.

Personally I've never had issues with K and both Adeno/Methyl B12.

cheers

minkeygirl likes this.
  4. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Interesting.

5. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Adeno B12 gave me a huge magnesium deficiency. Not sure why but I'm still struggling to raise my levels. Can't take adeno at all (sadly since it made me feel much better) since my mg levels plummet from only one pill.

6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I'm curious how you know your magnesium levels plummet after taking AD-B12? Did you have a blood test or...?

7. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    When taking the normal MethylB12 it is converted in the body to Adeno B12 by methionine before being used for energy in mitochondria.
    Taking a 10mg Adeno in place of the usual 5mg or 1mg Mb12 is going to increase B12 to fire up mito energy.

Unfortunately, Magnesium and B12 have to be kept in balance, increasing either without the other can cause altered symptom status of some individuals.

See the mineral wheel charts here:
    http://www.traceelements.com/Docs/The Nutritional Relationships of Magnesium.pdf

[

Little Bluestem likes this.
  8. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
  9. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    @sregan - So does the single arrow like the one pointing from Zn toward Fe mean that Zn interferes with Fe?

10. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

No, I can tell when they are up or down. Very obvious symptoms that go away within hours of taking Mg.

dannybex likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.