• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(ADEM) or Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis??

Tired of being sick

The fact that I contracted chicken pox 3 TIMES! as a child, definitely has me scratching my head.
I contracted the measles as well(once)..
I also have higher levels of Epstein Barr Virus without any recollection of mono.
Anyone else have chickenpox multiple times?

Epidemiology
The exact incidence of ADEM is not known.In the past ADEM commonly followed
common childhood infections like measles, smallpox, and chickenpox) and was
associated with significant mortality and morbidity.Because of significant advances
in infectious disease control ADEM in developed countries is now seen most
frequently after non-specific upper respiratory tract infections and the aetiological
agent remains unknown. In a recent study by Murthy et al,,
., despite vigorous
attempts to identify microbial pathogens in 18 patients, only one patient had
Epstein-Barr virus isolated as the definite microbial cause of ADEM
[PDF]Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis - Radcliffe Health

*GG*

My brother had chicken pox twice, not myself though.

I did have the flu shot after 2000, would go home and crash all night long, 12 hours of sleep or so, and also had treatment for my acne via accutane. Wonder if these things somehow contributed to me getting CFIDS?

GG

Tired of being sick

Oh, I almost forgot,

I had Scabies as well or was the incredibly "itching rash" which was all over my body actually Lyme?

Search Results
  1. 2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease - Topix
    www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/T6ULNPQJU7RH856VE
    May 9, 2012 - 20 posts - ‎3 authors
    I have researched for hours and now I am convinced that what I thought was scabies is actually a bacteria from Lyme disease from a tick.
  2. Could YOU Have Lyme Disease? 8 Facts You NEED to Know
    wholenewmom.com/.../could-you-have-lyme-disease-lyme-disease-cause...
    Dec 3, 2013 - What if I told you all of these symptoms could indicate Lyme Disease? Ridiculous ..... Just yesterday the doctor said it was scabies. But in the ...
  3. Scabies, Lyme Disease and other Infestations ... - Dermnet
    www.dermnet.comBrowse Categories
    Dermatology Pictures - Skin Disease Photos. ... Scabies, Lyme Disease and other Infestations and Bites. Scabies, Lyme Disease and other Infestations and Bites.