1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

AdB12 weird response?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by stridor, Sep 23, 2013.

1. stridor

stridor Senior Member

I hope that I can get my point across. I came here looking for answers to my remaining symptoms, the main one being brain-fog. At 20% of what it used to be - most of the time but sometimes worse.
    I am C677T ++ and that mfolate 800 - 1000 mcg daily
    I had a big improvement with mB12 injections 1 mg daily with some B vitamins (I call it my morning "B" sting).

Following what I am learning here I started Ad B12 and it didn't do much. So I added carnitine and crashed on the second day. I will split the carnitine caps and try again next weekend. In the meantime, I continued with the adB12.

So, today I am in a 3 1/2 hour yawn-fest meeting - you know the type - where you mind wanders all over the place. It dawned on me that adB12 was helping with that - as in able to concentrate. BUT - only while I had a chip in my mouth. 10 min after it was gone and I was losing track again. This improved focus occurred in the presence of brain-fog. That is the strange part. If you had asked me I would have told you the fog was different (had a weird pressure in my head) but that I was fogged. This is why I didn't pick up on it outside of the meeting setting.

So now what? I have taken about 15 mg of adB12 today. Do I always keep a chip in my mouth? I thought with adB12 that I would just knock back a few until there were no more (+) returns and then only once every few days (?)
    How much of this stuff can I take? Or should I take if I am on 1 mg inj mB12 daily?

Finally, (and thank-you for getting this far) can I become cobalt toxic from too much B12 or is the sky the limit?
    Thanks in advance for any help or stories about your AdB12 experience.
  2. stridor

stridor Senior Member

OK. Today I went to work in the best shape in years in terms of brain-fog. Not hearing that there was any problems from respondents here, I kept pounding back the AdB12. Had a chip in my mouth most of the morning. At lunch I had dizziness. I had my first run-in with vertigo a month ago. It runs in my family with 4 siblings with some form of Meniere's or similar. This was not vertigo but it was more than a bit of dizziness. It was worse with head movement and I had some destabilization when I stood.
    I backed off the adB12 but think that dehydration was part of the problem...I drink less when I have a chip of B12 in my mouth all the time it seems.
    Feel better now but not back to baseline. Still dizzy when I move my head.
  3. stridor

stridor Senior Member

Better today. Dizziness back to baseline. Didn't push as hard today with adB12. Sometimes it feels like I have stumbled onto the answer for me and brain-fog drops to 10% and at others it is back to 20%+ and I think that I am still missing a piece of the puzzle. Will introduce carnitine then eventually ubiquinol in small doses.
  4. stridor

stridor Senior Member

So the above appears to be "start-up" symptoms only.
    Weird as I am on mB12 injections daily. I suppose that the enzyme that is supposed to convert MB12 to AdB12 is wonky. Haven't found the name of that enzyme yet. Anyway I am still responding to the AdB12 so I guess that means that I have yet to reach saturation.
  5. stridor

stridor Senior Member

Today I have my "glutamate symptoms" increasing. These are anxiety, agitation and irritability. Nothing that I can't deal with but interesting as far as tracking progress goes.
  6. stridor

stridor Senior Member

In case, as some have suggested that adb12 works best with carnitine, I'll introduce a bit. I am breaking my rules about how many things I am changing at once. Very hard to stick to this when certain supplements work in concert.

Also, turning my focus back to choline. I have PEMT +- x 4 This one is for folate and choline transport and conversion of choline to pcholine. TYMS ++ that also is related to folate and choline somehow. MTHFD1 G1958A ++ that increases choline need. Because of these things I am supposed be a "bottomless pit" in terms of pcholine intake.

In my recent purging of my pill line-up I decreased sunflower lecithin to 1 cap daily down from 4. Back up to 3 today.

See more popular forum discussions.