1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Acupressure Mats for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Wayne, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    A friend and his wife recently purchased an acupressure mat, and have really enjoyed having it. At only $26.95, I am leaning toward giving this a try. Thought I'd post the Amazon link which describes it; it also has reviews from those of have used it. Following is the first review; fibromyalgia is mentioned as being helped by the mat:

Here's the link to the product.

Has anybody already tried this?

Best, Wayne
  2. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Haven't tried it, but if it works for the chest/shoulder as well (laying on the torso/stomach) I'd be willing to try it - thx.
  3. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Ordered one, part of the kitchen sink therapy project - it better be good ;)
  4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Oh, oh. :angel::Retro smile:
  5. allyann

allyann Senior Member

Melbourne Australia
    When you try this can you please post a review.

many thanks, Allie
  6. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Well, it is certainly better suited for people who have mainly issues with their back although pain in the front can originate in the back as well. It's a little uncomfortable lying on it face down since it's very thin, lying on the back is much more pleasant. Also if you're wearing a t-shirt you can hardly feel anything, so not easy to do it in a public place. Other than that the pricking points are quite stimulating and I think they do what they are supposed to do. All in all it's not great but ok - will definitely use it though.
  7. allyann

allyann Senior Member

Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Mellster
  8. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I ordered the Heavenly Acupressure Mat and got it yesterday. I'm really happy with it.

I have fibro pain in my neck and back as well as osteoarthritis, bone spurs, and bulging discs. I frequently have muscle spasms and inflammation.

After lying on the mat, I feel like I used to after an acupuncturist would do cupping on me. It feels as if there is a powerful infusion of blood to my back. I think it's the revved up circulation that makes my back feel better.

When I did it last night, shortly before bed, I felt really energized afterward, which is not what you want for sleep. So I took some glycine supplements and calmed back down.

I'm using it on bare skin and can't lie on it for very long yet. Those little spikes are sharp suckers, and I think it might take me a while to get desensitized. However, even 10 minutes gets me some pain relief.

Thanks for bringing up this subject, Wayne! I also got an earthing sheet when you introduced that thread, and it's helped me a lot, too.
  9. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hello Dreamer,

Where did you order yours from? The link Wayne provided? So you paid about 35$?

thanks!

GG
  10. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I ordered my mat from Amazon, and it was $34.95. With the shipping, the total was $48.75.

What puzzled me is that when I ordered it, the shipping was supposed to be FedEx. I tracked it from the FedEx web site.

However, I actually received it from the USPS.

Anyway, for about $50, I've gotten some good pain relief.

See more popular forum discussions.