Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Activated Charcoal - How long can I take it?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Tiger Lily 813, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Tiger Lily 813

Tiger Lily 813 Senior Member

Hi there, I've been taking activated charcoal to help with a variety of problems that I have - detoxing metals/pesticide/mold exposure and with a bartonella background.
    It makes me tired, but it clears something out, and makes me feel a little better.
    I can't find any suggested use online. I think it's supposed to be a one time thing, but I feel like I want to take it for a couple weeks.
    Does anyone know what period of time is ok, or not ok?
    Thanks!

2. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    I find it robs me of B3 and T4 (which are made in the bowels). You can supplement B3 and N-Acetyl Tyrosine will help your body make T4. Most people recommend taking charcoal 2-3 hours before/after meals. I sometimes take it with food if I believe the food might cause IBS symptoms (spicy, etc). When you have had too much I think you tend to feel "flat" and kind of emotionless. Since neurotransmitters are also made in the gut it probably is grabbing those as well. I've had good luck taking charcoal after a fatty meal or just ingesting oil capsules. Your liver releases bile (with toxins) and the charcoal will grab it and take it all the way out of the system. No recirculation of the toxic bile. That I believe is a healthy thing to do on occasion.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.