1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

activan and aspirin treatment

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by AndrewB, Mar 21, 2012.

1. AndrewB

AndrewB Senior Member

England, UK
    Ive just heard that activan and aspirin used together are being considered as a treatment for ME/CFS ?
    Has anyone heard this and do we know if it could work ?

Andrew
  2. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Can't see how either would help.
  3. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Those with Samter's Triad; asthma, aspirin/salicylate sensitivity & nasal/ethmoidal polyposis...won't be able to tolerate aspirin as a treatment.

The aspirin sensitive will also suffer gastritis/ gastric erosion/stomach ulcers.
    Aspirin also increases risk of bleeding eg in stomach, brain...

BUT it works great for helping thinning blood, helping prevent clots & thus improving circulation. There is also some evidence it may help prevent colon cancer.

It cures my headaches & migraines well...but then I get asthma, nasal polyps and stomach ulcers :eek:

Not worth it!
  4. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Need to treat deficiencies with supplements and good testing before worrying about meds.
  6. AndrewB

AndrewB Senior Member

England, UK
    hmmm doesnt look good does it. i got a text from my brother saying he saw a news item on these drugs being used to treat M.E.
    i'll get more info from him and come back if theres anything worth sharing.

andrew
  7. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Aspirin taken before and/or during and/or after exertion can help reduce inflammation from exertion, can also be combined with a continuous natural anti-inflammatory regimen.

See more popular forum discussions.