1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Action through Internet Marketing Techniques!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Koan, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Cort, does it work for post titles, or only for thread titles? If it works for post titles, then should we be using "Go Advanced" for all our posts? (I have some wicked suggestions for what to put in the titles, but trust you to come up with the same ideas behind the scenes.)
  2. What Google likes in terms of forum posts

It works best for thread titles, not post titles.

In general, Google likes:

• Titles of pages with keywords
    • Links with keywords in them pointing to a page
    • Keywords in the page address
    • Headers, paragraphs, main text with keywords in
    • Internal links with keywords in
    • People staying a long time on a site before returning to search results
    • Recently updated pages
    • A domain name that's been registered a long time
    • Images with keywords in the alt tag or description
    • Links from well-known websites that are known to be reliable (eg Wikipedia, BBC and so on)
    • ...and a bunch of other stuff

So, because titling a thread well creates links to that page from the main forum page, plus an address with keywords in, plus a page title with keywords in, Google likes it a LOT.

Hope that's helpful and not too technical.

Rachel xx
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Thanks.
    Are tags of much value?
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Thanks for the tips, charityfundraiser and well done for having the initiative to pay for the Ad words.

I have just signed up to delicious.com following your message. Where is your blog so I can see what you are talking about (PM if you prefer)? Also, what you describe gives you feedback on the article but does it help increase traffic. I get the impression Digg it (or whatever it is) might although have generally ignored those things up to now. Maybe I need to change if I want to highlight stuff more.
  5. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    From the first post I thought you meant running internet ads for WPI. Maybe there could be a book list page here with links to amazon to collect money for WPI, other research projects and the forum or link page to the vitamin purveyors . Advertising for Advocacy.

For the posts I think it would be good to choose a few articles a month to attach keywords, tags etc.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Thanks charityfundraiser.
  7. Anika

Anika Senior Member

U.S.
    This is helpful information. Thanks for the tips!

Maybe we should have a sticky on this thread that keeps this information readily available.

Would that make sense? Who can do that?

See more popular forum discussions.