• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action for ME seek two trustees "with direct experience of ME"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
As AfME's recent response to Clark Ellis's request for charities to write to QMUL to ask for the release of the PACE data indicates, it's "interesting times" at AfME. The right trustees could make a difference.

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/could-you-be-an-action-for-me-trustee/

AfME said:
Could you be an Action for M.E. Trustee?
February 08, 2016

Action for M.E. is seeking applications from people with direct experience of M.E. who would like to become a Trustee. As a charity for people with M.E., led by people with M.E., our constitution requires that at least half of our Trustees have, or have had, M.E. This means that we currently have two vacancies.

Trustees help the charity in our mission of empowering people with M.E. to fulfil their potential and secure the care and support they need, while working towards a greater understanding of the illness and ultimately a cure. The Board of Trustees has ultimate responsibility for everything the charity does. Trustees determine our mission and vision, engage in strategic planning, formulate policies, ensure adequate financial resources and oversee Action for M.E.’s charitable activities.

There are four Board meetings each year and an Annual General Meeting in the autumn. Those whose health prevents them from attending Board meetings in person can participate by teleconference on occasions. Most Trustees are also a member of one of the committees that deal with specific aspects of Board business.

At present the Board has 11 Trustees including our Chair. There are two vacancies, both for people who have/have had M.E. All applications will be carefully considered. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have skills and experience relating to at least one of the following areas:

• healthcare
  • NHS management
  • legal
  • welfare benefits administration
  • PR and campaigning
  • charity sector management.
To apply you will need to complete our application form, identifying the ways in which you’re suitable for the role. To find out more or to request an application pack, please contact Anna on 0117 927 9551 or by email. The closing date for applications is 31 March 2016. Interviews will take place between April and May 2016.