• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action for ME: New five year strategy announced at speaker's house event

AndyPR

More than 100 guests gathered at Speaker’s House yesterday evening to hear how Action for M.E. will take action to end the ignorance, injustice and neglect experienced by people with M.E.

This provided an opportunity to thank some of our supporters and donors, and raise awareness of the impact of M.E. among invited journalists, business leaders, policy-makers, parliamentarians, and research and healthcare professionals.

Hosted by Chair of Trustees, Alan Cook CBE, by kind permission of the Speaker of the House of Commons, the Right Honourable John Bercow MP, the event saw the launch of our new five-year strategy.

“I am lucky to be here this evening,” said Action for M.E. volunteer Catherine Hale, who shared her experience of M.E. in a moving and courageous speech. “Some people hit with the full ferocity of this disease as I was, or worse, make no improvement at all. They remain in that limbo existence for years, and even decades.”

<more at link>

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/new-five-year-strategy-announced-at-speakers-house-event/