May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Action for ME conference being livestreamed now, Thurs 2 Nov

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just noticed this on AfME FB:

Simon likes this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Or not...

That FB message was posted 2 hours ago.

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Esther12 and Simon like this.
  4. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
  5. Wildcat

Wildcat

I doubt the written report from AFME will mention either AFME's invitation of the Ancestor Healing Company to their AGM/Conference, or mention that they banned a long term AFME member from attending the AFME AGM, on a whim from the CEO. Overiding the Charity Member's legal and Consitutional rights to attend the AGM.
    So, Ancestor Healers are IN at the AFME AGM Conference, but legitimate AFME ME patient Charity Members are Out.

6. Esther12

Esther12

Anyone know if they addressed the PACE stuff?

7. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    It's all about social care. You know full well she wouldn't touch it with a bargepole anyway.;)

Sidereal, Esther12 and Wildcat like this.
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat

"Anyone know if they addressed the PACE stuff?"

Pigs were seen flying in the vicinity of the AFME AGM/Conference.

9. Esther12

Esther12

Didn't think that they'd be keen to delve into it, but they are meant to be loosely connected to the concerns of ME patients. I'm surprised no-one in the audience raised it.

10. Wildcat

Wildcat

I have attended one AFME AGM/Conference. The questions from the audience are restricted in time, and awkward questions are hurridly sidestepped. The one I attended was a nightmare of bright lights, heavy doors in the building, and 'round the table discussions' between the delegates, basically chats that sent the loud echoing sound level to damaging levels for people with ME.

But the attendees wanted more 'round the table discussions' and no more questions to the panel..
    I didn't. I wanted questions to be asked of the ME Observatory researchers on the panel. A handful of attendees wanted that, but not the majority. It was an AFME conference after all, awkward questions not welcome.

Never again. It was physical and cognitive/sensory hell. And the important questions weren't allowed.

I did encounter a woman at the conference who assured me she had "cured her ME by meditation and pacing - you know pacing - finding your baseline and gradually increasing your activity"

When I said that's not pacing, that's graded activity, she had a bit of a hissy fit and told me I had made her 'shake' with my nasty "arguing" about what is and isn't pacing.

.It was an AFME Conference after all, what could I expect. Not worth it, to be totally flattened for the next two weeks.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

See more popular forum discussions.