• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action for ME campaign

Enid

Hope this is a step forward - they have been sitting on the fence far too long.

peggy-sue

I don't really think so. This is what you get when you click on the link....
http://www.actionforme.org.uk/get-i...me-for-action/i-agree-its-time-for-action.htm

Not asking for you to get involved with a "time for change action", just "do you think it's time to have an action?"

I've replied on the Scottish Hub forum, but I'm rapidly falling out with them. Every time I criticise the Wesseley school, my posts get deleted. Every time I ask why they're still in cahoots with psychiatrists I get a standard pat reply of something along the lines of;
"but you do get psychological problems with having a long term chronic illness and there are psychological problems that arise as part of the illness"

When I respond that these are not what the psychiatrists are looking at, my post gets deleted.

Min

My posts on their Facebook page pointing out that their collusion with the PACE trial has greatly added to the problems we face are being deleted too - and they are still supporting the appalling SMILE trial of the Lightning Process on children.

Their CEO still earns over 71, 000 a year (what for?), they still have no AGMs and their only members are the self elected executive - everyone else is merely a subscriber to their magazine with no voting rights.

They have never sat on the fence, they have always at their top level supported the Wessely school of psychiatry .