• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action alert: Fri 6 March: register on reddit to upvote Dr Mady Hornig to the front page & ask qns

DanME

Looks very, very good. To end up on the front page is a huge deal on reddit! Also, a lot of good questions have been asked and have been upvoted to the top!

If you want to add further question, go just with one or two. A wall of questions won't get answered.

Don't be disappointed, if your particular question won't get answered in the end. A lot, what have been asked so far is redundant.

DanME

My favorite question so far:

"Hello, I suffered from Chronic Fatigue for a while, and the doctor's diagnosis and response was really awkward slow and not very helpful. So I just want to ask a few questions that were left unanswered. Thank you, you're awesome!

What ,would you say, is the best set of guidelines to follow in one's personal life to minimize risk factor for these conditions? What is the connection between sexual activity and masturbation and chronic fatigue ? What about weed use/abuse?" ;)

Soundthealarm21

"Hello, I suffered from Chronic Fatigue for a while, and the doctor's diagnosis and response was really awkward slow and not very helpful. So I just want to ask a few questions that were left unanswered. Thank you, you're awesome!

What ,would you say, is the best set of guidelines to follow in one's personal life to minimize risk factor for these conditions? What is the connection between sexual activity and masturbation and chronic fatigue ? What about weed use/abuse?" ;)
I lol'd

NK17

I've signed up and posted a question.
Thank you guys for all your help, encouragement and feedback, I'm hoping that we'll secure the poll position and that people will have a great AMA with Dr. Hornig.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Me, too.

Then I down voted it.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Could you guys upvote my question re funding (also reiterated Sasha's point re: crowd-sourcing link)?

It's under username hopeful21 posted 11 min ago:

Thank you Dr. Hornig for all that you do!

Will you be able to submit a new request for funding from the NIH under the new SEID criteria? Is there any thing that patients can do (writing NIH officials, etc.) that would help you get necessary funding at this point?

To all sufferers, please note the "ongoing crowd-funding campaign" link in Dr. Hornig's introduction

SDSue

Southeast
Sorry if this has already been asked.

HOW DO WE UPVOTE? (caps so this gets noticed; not shouting!)

aimossy

I've put two lots of Q's up, still learning about this, so I stuffed my first one as I put too many questions. Trying to get a range of things in for microbe discovery supporters and non supporters! I really have to go now and will have to check it all tomorrow. This has gone so well so far... hope the answers are good and questions are good!

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA

There are arrows on the left side of the question being asked. Just hit the up arrow or the down arrow depending if you like it or not. Also be sure to hit the up arrow on the left of the AMA.

Soundthealarm21

To the left of the title there are up and down arrows. Click the up arrow as shown below

Reddit AMA how to upvote.jpg

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Could you guys upvote my question re funding (also reiterated Sasha's point re: crowd-sourcing link)?

It's under username hopeful21 posted 11 min ago:

Thank you Dr. Hornig for all that you do!

Will you be able to submit a new request for funding from the NIH under the new SEID criteria? Is there any thing that patients can do (writing NIH officials, etc.) that would help you get necessary funding at this point?

To all sufferers, please note the "ongoing crowd-funding campaign" link in Dr. Hornig's introduction

Can you provide a link to it?