Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Acetyl L- Glutathione, ATP, Baking Soda, Sam-e & Catalase = No PEM after exercise

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Mya Symons, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Indeed :(
    I always have at least one inflammation marker up, and also have a hard time tolerating antioxidants that everybody loves :bang-head:

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Mya Symons Have you looked into low dose naltrexone? (I wouldn't be surprised if I've already mentioned this to you:rolleyes:)

I've been using it about 9 months now. Greatly increased my stamina, presumably due to less inflammation.

:mad:

3. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Washington
    I did try low dose naltrexone, but I don't know if it was from a reputable place. It made all my symptoms worse. I've also heard that is shouldn't be used if a person has Hashimoto's because it boosts the strength of synthroid. I am not sure if that is true or not.

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    I'm well past menopause! I don't seem to have any problem with coconut oil - in fact it seems highly beneficial - although I'm not sure what you mean by 'pulling'. I'm not aware of any problem with salicylates.

I think we probably have very different biochemistries.

6. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

mouth swish
    definetly
    I am just reporting how in my case the swelling of the mucosa inside the mouth relates with allergies.

7. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Where do you buy straight Catalase from?
    The supplements I found online come with other ingredients like Zinc, Folic Acid, etc etc, never straight Catalase.
    Any brand recommended?

8. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I saw parp inhibitors in relation to BRCA2

9. gettinbetter

gettinbetter Senior Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    How much baking soda is in a pill quarter teaspoon?

When undergoing a bout of heavy PEM How much baking soda would one use and how frequently?

Are they're any dangers in using it daily as a preventive if you are prone to PEM

10. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I take it just after exercise, and it really helps my PEM, a quarter teaspoon.
    Don't take it every day, be very sparing with it because it affects the stomach acid, and then you'll have digestion problems. I take it 2-3 times a week.

11. perrier

perrier Senior Member

On the subject of catalase. You can get it pure from suzycohen.com

But I'm reading it can cause cancer. Any thoughts?

12. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    (Sodium bicarbonate) It probably depends on your diet - if you are on a low-acid/high-alkaline diet you probably don't need to worry as much?

13. gettinbetter

gettinbetter Senior Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    That is great
    Sometimes I have severe PEM in cases like that would it be okay to use it daily?

14. Nanni

Nanni

I l learned that most people need a little baking soda every day to get their ph more in balance as most of us tend to be too acidic. But what is really interesting is you need to be a little less acidic to detox. I started doing a teaspoon a day and electrolyte powder before long,low heat, saunas. Extremely helpful.

15. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

My doc warned me about taking baking soda every day since it would affect stomach acid and you could find yourself not digesting efficiently. I myself do take it after exercise and it does help, which is about three times a week. But I don't take it everyday.

See more popular forum discussions.