• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Access to Data from Industry-Sponsored Clinical Trials

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I couldn't find this article here - hope it hasn't already been posted.

Data Sharing, Year 1 — Access to Data from Industry-Sponsored Clinical Trials
Brian L. Strom, M.D., M.P.H., Marc Buyse, Sc.D., John Hughes, B.Sc., and Bartha M. Knoppers, Ph.D.

October 15, 2014

There has been considerable interest of late in increasing the transparency of clinical trials, including increasing access to the raw data from trials sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry.1 Since May 2013, investigators have been able to request access to deidentified patient-level data from clinical trials sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline,2 subject to review and oversight by an independent review panel (https://clinicalstudydatarequest.com/Default.aspx). As the members of this panel, we now have more than 12 months of experience with this initiative — and can report that it has been a productive and successful first step.

Full article here.