• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ACAT SHMT CBS

I have heteros for all of them...which do I treat first? I am finding conflicting information on this...and is there a basic protocol? New to this and just trying to get started.

I have heteros for all of them...which do I treat first?
You can ignore the ACAT ... the ACAT SNPs shown on the Yasko profile are irrelevant to the functioning of the gene. SHMT shouldn't be a problem unless you also have MTHFR C677T.

i am homo 1298...so i can start with cbs? i have found conflicting info on that...some say yes to start there, some say its does not affect...any insight on that? i saw on yaskos simplified map that there are 7 supplements for it...would one take all of them? or just the ones that seem to be associated with the issue?

i am homo 1298...so i can start with cbs? i have found conflicting info on that...some say yes to start there, some say its does not affect...any insight on that? i saw on yaskos simplified map that there are 7 supplements for it...would one take all of them? or just the ones that seem to be associated with the issue?
CBS C699T doesn't require treating, except maybe some B6 if it's -/-.

i should add they are compound hetero
Compound hetero for what? MTHFR C677T and A1298C? If so, their methylfolate production is at 30% of normal if each + allele came from a different parent. Otherwise it's at 65% of normal.

SHMT added to MTHFR C677T would mean even more problems creating methylfolate. Hence more methylfolate and/or folinic acid (not folic acid) might be helpful.