The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ACAT SHMT CBS

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by mayrooni, Sep 5, 2013.

1. mayrooni

mayrooni

I have heteros for all of them...which do I treat first? I am finding conflicting information on this...and is there a basic protocol? New to this and just trying to get started.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    You can ignore the ACAT ... the ACAT SNPs shown on the Yasko profile are irrelevant to the functioning of the gene. SHMT shouldn't be a problem unless you also have MTHFR C677T.

3. mayrooni

mayrooni

i am homo 1298...so i can start with cbs? i have found conflicting info on that...some say yes to start there, some say its does not affect...any insight on that? i saw on yaskos simplified map that there are 7 supplements for it...would one take all of them? or just the ones that seem to be associated with the issue?

4. mayrooni

mayrooni

and my kids have c677t and shmt...any info on treating it then?

5. mayrooni

mayrooni

i should add they are compound hetero

6. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    CBS C699T doesn't require treating, except maybe some B6 if it's -/-.

7. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Compound hetero for what? MTHFR C677T and A1298C? If so, their methylfolate production is at 30% of normal if each + allele came from a different parent. Otherwise it's at 65% of normal.

SHMT added to MTHFR C677T would mean even more problems creating methylfolate. Hence more methylfolate and/or folinic acid (not folic acid) might be helpful.

Critterina likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.