• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ABX treatment failure, nothing improving, feeling overwhelmed and powerless

ErdemX

@Antares in NYC I think your doctor might be right after trying so aggressive and long IV abx treatments. Have you ever considered trying HBOT for at least 3-4 months? It might work on different levels.. Considering you have detectable brain damage, HBOT is a proved therapy for that, it can even reverse the damage and start a healing in the CNS.

Most of the treatments work only for a minority and doesn't work for most of us. I have tried low dose Sub Q Gamma Globulin and I had no benefit. If it was possible, I would suggest you to try IVIG and HBOT together.

Please don't give up.

Dufresne

almost there...
@Antares in NYC
Have you tried an aggressive intracellular protocol? I don't herx from most antibiotics, but when I use Horowitz's intracellular protocols for borrelia I get a dizziness that I believe is due to intracellular borrelia die-off.

I stumbled on to the protocols by accident as they overlap with some of my babesia protocols. The key ingredient to cause me the dizziness is chloroquine. The next drug that most intensely increases it is azithromycin. Now I'm fairly sure it's not babesia die-off, as that's characterized by other symptoms that don't overlap with the dizziness.

I later read that all of Horowitz's intracellular borrelia protocols have hydroxychloroquine (of course chloroquine converts to hydroxychloroquine in the body). From there he adds in a tetracycline and/or a macrolide. Exactly what I stumbled onto and seem to be having success with.

The mold thing is definitely worth exploring. Forget the HLA DR; I wasted money on that one too. They key with mold, if you're sensitive, is avoidance to some degree or another. It was a game changer for me. Binders seem to do something as well.

So very sorry for your present state of hopelessness. I suspect everyone in PR knows those feelings. Whatever blessing that are mine to give I send to you.