1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

About to start Rx Klinghardt parasite protocol...Any input?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lampkld2, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    tyson oberle

I've had many types of parasite testing and the only type that really seemed reliable was done by a parasitologist who took a scraping from the wall of the rectum and had it analyzed by a lab. He also then did blood tests looking for markers for parasite infections. He treated me with several drugs and then tested again one and two months later--both analyzing scrapings and blood tests--to check for all stages of the parasite's life.

He said that parasites live attached to the wall of the rectum (and intestines I'd guess) and it is only chance if you find them in stool samples.

Sushi
  2. tyson oberle

tyson oberle

tampa, florida
    Why aren't we getting tested by scraping the wall of the rectum and who can do that? Do we need to find a parasitologist? Sushi after the drugs and the retesting one and two months later, where any parasites still found? If none were found, did you feel significantly better?
  3. Sushi

Albuquerque

I don't know why more doctors don't do this--it is quick, simple, and painless.

No, no more parasites were found after the treatment and the blood tests normalized. I felt better only in the realm of gastric symptoms--I didn't notice any change in general health.

Sushi
  4. end

end Senior Member

Sushi what bloods did Dr Cahill have you do?

What species did the sigmoidoscopy uncover?
  5. Sushi

Albuquerque

Hi,

Let's see....blood tests--Hemogram--CBC. Auto Differential: Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils, & Sed rate.

It wasn't a sigmoidoscopy, just a scraping from the lower bowel--no special equipment. It found: E histolytica cysts & trophs, T.Trichuris, and pus.

Charming!
    Sushi
    end likes this.
  6. end

end Senior Member

Sushi

What med cocktail and dose did he use for the EH?

I have heard his Paro portion of his protocol is to low for EH
  7. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    Sushi is this something you had done here or through KDM?
  8. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    There is a good discussion of parasite testing at the pptu parasite forum.

I have now got the ingredients of the CDD triple cocktail in the cupboard, but am still holding off for a while. There are a number of papers on pub med on blasto's pathogenicity or not which are worth reading. I'm doing some herbal stuff with biofilm enyzmes thrown in for a bit.
  9. Sushi

Albuquerque

No, years ago.

Sushi
  10. Sushi

Albuquerque
    He gave me Vermox BID x 3 (I think this was for the T. Trichuris though) and Humadin 250 m TID x 10 and Doxycyline BID x 10.

It worked!

Sushi
    end likes this.
  11. tyson oberle

tyson oberle

tampa, florida
    What gastric symptoms did you have and how much of an improvement in gastric symptoms did you get?
  12. Sushi

Albuquerque

It was years ago so I don't remember more than extreme gastric distress! It cleared up totally with treatment. But there are all sorts of reasons for gastric distress--this worked because I had parasites.

Sushi
  13. end

end Senior Member

Humadin 250 - doesn't seem to be much info for this drug?
  14. Sushi

Albuquerque

Maybe I am not reading his writing correctly but that is what it looks like.

Sushi
  15. end

end Senior Member

Thanks Sushi. It may be some generic brand name of the med.
  16. end

end Senior Member

Testing is almost a waste of time, detection rates are very very low. There up to 1000 different parasites that can make "our body home" and only 40 - 50 have been medically identified http://www.dreddyclinic.com/ayurvedic/ayu_parasite_protocol.htm (Have read similar else where)that may also explain why Metametrix comes up with so many PPTU indications?

Unless you approach Cahill or Simon Yu for testing your odds on detection like said, are low. But even then, things are not always 100% reliable.

I am defiantly going to treat my PPTU with the above protocol and feel anyone with that finding via Metametrix should do the same. The botanicals I recently tryed help, specific diets do to, but I feel those two approaches on there own will take to long...

I am about to organise Enteroviral specimens that are being sent to Dr Chia and suspect between EV and Parasite infections form the cause of my CFS/ME.

The severe Leaky Gut pathology results, stressed phase 1 and 2 findings, very low sIgA support my thoughts

Any more feed back in regards to the above protocol and definition on the Ivermectin dosage, would be great
    Sammy likes this.
  17. end

end Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.