The End ME/CFS Project: History Taking Root
The history books record that in the nineteenth century Louis Pasteur formulated a “germ theory” of microbes as the causative agents of disease, and thus revolutionized medicine. His findings, along with his contemporary, John Snow (who linked cholera to infected water supply),...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Abnormal Chromogranin-A results?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Ocean, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Anyone else have this test and get abnormal results? How high were your levels? Mine was only a little above the normal range.

Do you know if this test, when not so high as to indicate a tumor, indicates anything about CFS? The only thing I could find on that was this passage, which from what I could understand has something to do with Celiac disease?
    http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/chromogranin.html

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    That is a test I have never even heard of. What lab did you have done at? Was it a serum analysis?

3. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Yes it was blood, just a regular lab, probably Labcorp. There is some info online about the test but I only found the one article tying it to CFS. I may have to redo it also as you are supposed to test when you are having symptoms I think, which I wasn't able to do.

See more popular forum discussions.