1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ABC Australia: McClure (ICL) "Virus linked to prostate cancer and CFS"

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Dx Revision Watch, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch dxrevisionwatch.com

UK

Can you remind me please, Bob, or someone else, what information has been published on the control group in the ICL/KCL study and how many?
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
  3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    I only just noticed this, this is horrible, these people fully deserve whatever comes their way:

"...Our own study also differs from that of Lombardi in other respects. Firstly, the PCR operator was blinded to the provenance of the DNA samples. In fact, with the exception of the PCR controls, all 186 DNA test samples originated from CFS patients. Care was taken to grow the XMRV plasmid in a laboratory in which no MLV had been cultured and no MLV vectors used and the PCR was carried out in a CPA-accredited Molecular Diagnostics Unit which processes only human tissue."

Implying WPI study wasn't blinded (it was), and that Judy et al didn't take necessary steps to avoid contamination. Incredible!!
  4. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

Yes, both the Cleveland Clinic and National Cancer Institute tested and validated that the WPI findings were not due to contamination, yet anti-WPI posters here on this forum and elsewhere continued to repeat that misinformation, ad nauseum.
    (Just had to use "ad nauseum", ha ha.)
  5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

To be fair, I don't think the WPI had said that their results had come from blinded trials when the PLOS paper had come out. I'm pretty sure that the Science paper doesn't mention it, it's just something we've heard later on.
  6. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Esther, to be fair if there was no mention in the Science paper whether the study was blinded McClure at al should not have assumed that it WASN'T! They could have a) asked - after all the answer was only an email away b) not said anything c) said they did not have that information. Not assume. Very unscientific and unprofessional of them.
  7. JayS

JayS

I wonder what Myra McClure is thinking since the Ortho report.
  8. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    It sounds more like Myra Breckinridge did the work than Myra McClure!!!!!

See more popular forum discussions.