1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A Vigil For International ME Awareness Day: wherever you are in the World please join us!

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by rosieness, Apr 23, 2014.

1. rosieness

rosieness

A Vigil for International ME Awareness Day

Raising Awareness and Funds for Biomedical Research

12th May 2014

A vigil is being held on 12th May for International ME Awareness Day. Please join the vigil by lighting a candle and spending some quiet time on this special day in solidarity and support for the ME communities around the world. If you have access to the internet you can light a virtual candle as part of a group vigil. You can also leave a message or dedicate a virtual candle for a friend or loved one and share it with them.

At our last International Vigil for ME Awareness Day, people from 14 different countries around the world took part. Wherever you are in the World, holding a vigil raises awareness and serves as a powerful means of encouraging unity and strength of purpose, so whether as an individual, group or Organisation, your participation makes a difference.

Here is a link to the website with information about biomedical research from around the world and details of how you can take part in the vigil: www.vigilformeawareness.org.uk. By telling friends, family, neighbours and colleagues about the vigil and sharing this post on social networking sites you can help to expand the circle of people taking part.
    Nielk, Iquitos, maryb and 3 others like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great idea to link this event to fundraising - without fundraising, we're nowhere. Very pleased to see this.
  3. rosieness

rosieness

We’re expecting lots of candles, both real and virtual, to be burning on Monday as we’ve had some wonderful
    messages of support from pwme, groups and organisations around the World. We’ll be lighting our candles at www.vigilformeawareness.org.uk in hope for a cure and a better future for everyone with ME - and all those coming on behind. In hope, too, that the information about Worldwide biomedical research we provide on our website, will help to open hearts and minds in the wider community of friends and family of pwme, and help to raise those much needed funds for research.

We would love you all to join us if you can.

Rosieness.
    On behalf of Vigil for ME Awareness
    rosie26 likes this.
  4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I will do this too. :hug:
    PNR2008 and Nielk like this.
  5. rosieness

rosieness

Thank you Sasha and rosie26 for your support, and thank you Little Bluestem for the bump.
    Sasha and rosie26 like this.
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I think its about 11,200 candles at present. Brilliant.
    Wildcat and rosie26 like this.
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I just lit my candle of healing thoughts to all who suffer from this debilitating disease.
    rosie26, Wildcat and maryb like this.
  8. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I honor and bless all my fellow-suffers of ME/CFS on this day. Some of us go lighty, some kicking and screaming but we all have a place in this quest for proper diagnosis, care and cure. Take care of yourselves today we deserve it.
    maryb, Wildcat, rosie26 and 1 other person like this.
  9. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Very special. I just lit a candle.
    maryb and Wildcat like this.
  10. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    How did you do that, I couldn't figure it out :(

GG
    rosie26 likes this.
  11. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I didn't get it the first time I went in as well @ggingues. I then clicked on the above where it says Home, Candles, Contact and I found it in one of those. I think it might have been the candles one. Keep trying and you will find it. It is easy once you do as they guide you through it with a continue button. It's quite moving.
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    You just click on a candle that is not lit yet and follow directions.
    ahimsa and rosie26 like this.
  13. rosieness

rosieness

A big thank you to everyone who joined in the vigil. Our website was visited by people from over 25 countries with people from 6 countries joining in our virtual candle group. It was really good to have you with us - thank you again for your support.

Rosieness
    On behalf of Vigil for ME Awareness
    Nielk and rosie26 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.