• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A thread to thank the Phoenix Rising team of volunteers!

daisybell

PR has saved me. It has been a mine of information, that has helped to turn around my slide, and regain some function. Members have been and continue to be an invaluable source of understanding and support. In dark days, this is where I come, and I always feel better for it.
Thank you to all the volunteers, moderators, and Board. You are stars.

Happy Christmas and may the New Year bring us all hope and health. :hug:

Bob

And don't forget the Board of Directors--@Butydoc, @Mark, @Jonathan Edwards and @adin. :thumbsup:

There are also many who are behind the scenes contributing as writers, editors, Word Press adepts and others who offer expertise on an "as-needed" basis.

Sushi
Thank you Sushi. I'm really sorry if I missed any volunteers. A huge "thank you" goes to all the PR volunteers, of course.

alex3619

Most people get back to where they live at the end of a day, and then they are home. There they meet with friends and family.

Phoenix Rising is not just a website. Its not just a forum. Its a home, its family.

So its more appropriate to think of the volunteers as responsible big sisters and brothers. Thank you. Without your effort this would just be a place to visit, not a home.

I don't donate to Phoenix Rising. However I use Amazon a bit and I always do that through the Phoenix Rising store. Same prices, same products, but Phoenix Rising gets a cut.

If NCNED is no longer with us then Phoenix Rising might get some money from my estate after I am gone, though I did prioritize research first. Do consider that you can name Phoenix Rising in your will.

Gingergrrl

Thank you Sushi. I'm really sorry if I missed any volunteers. A huge "thank you" goes to all the PR volunteers, of course.

@Bob, I know there are so many people behind the scenes to thank and this goes out to every single one of them. I also wanted to add @SOC (not sure if you are checking the board these days?) but want to thank you for all your help as a moderator and all the former moderators throughout the years who helped make PR what it is today.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you to everyone who puts in their time and energy to keep this site running.

images.jpeg

vli

Sorry to have come in rather late from half a world away!

Thank you so much to @Mark, @Kina, @wdb, @Sushi, @Butydoc, @adin, @Jody, @Jonathan Edwards, @Gingergrrl and any volunteers I am sure my ME brain has left out. It'd be 100% correct to say that if not for your help and for the existence of Phoenix, this entire crowdfund would not have happened. I am eternally grateful to you for hosting us, moderating us and giving us more exposure than we could ever have dreamed of outside of Phoenix. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I was telling someone the other day I could not imagine having CFS/ME without access to the Internet - it would be completely hopeless - and I am very very grateful for this excellent board and all those who make it happen!

I don't have to imagine life with ME but without the internet and PR - I have 'lived' it. It's hard to describe - would take too many words. There are many others in the same position, who know what it was like.

I am sure that Phoenix Rising has saved lives, and it couldn't do that without the work of the team. You are literally lifesavers!

fprefect

Ford Prefect
a big thank you to all the volunteers, whether you moderate forums, are board members, write articles, respond to pleas for help, or contribute in some other way.

my life might well be unworkable right now if not for the information on PR and the community we have here.

i'll stop here as i am not thinking clearly enough to be eloquent. :rolleyes:

:hug:

Ford

NK17

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being a safe port in the middle of the tempest that is life with ME.
I could not imagine life without PR and all the people who make it a great place for information, thought and advice exchange, understanding and much much more.

Cheshire

Thanks a lot to everybody involved in PR.

I can't imagine the feelings of hopelessness and loneliness I would go through without PR. I learned so much here, and not just about ME, but about being more human; more open to other's feeling. I felt deep compassion, understanding and kindness in lots of messages.